Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Skeeter 2060 or 2200 rear seat? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-26-2021, 03:45 PM
Minnow

Default Skeeter 2060 or 2200 rear seat?

Is there any option to put a seat up on the rear casting deck? Or would a guy need to make a pedestal seatmount out of the ski pole to make it work? Really like the 2060 I looked at but need a rear seat option for 1 kid to fish out the back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2021, 08:31 PM
Wallhanger

Here is what I had them install in my 2200. Boat had holes there for a backrest that I didn't have a need for.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2021, 08:44 PM
Minnow

So you don't use the middle jump seat deal at all and just had seat base installed in the spot for the backrest? That looks like a good idea and exactly what I want to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2021, 10:15 AM
Wallhanger

Bought the boat to fish. If I have more than a couple of people they can sit on the rear deck, there is grab handles there for them. Have only pleasure boated once, when we had company from down south, since having the boat. My son just ordered a 2060, and got the jump seat option, as they will be going with company, and water skiing and tubing at times, and not just fishing. Took some doing to find a suitable bar that is rated for skiing and tubing, and works with a kicker mounted on the boat. We found one that mounts to the engine bolts and goes around the cowling. really slick setup, but expensive. Will probably replace his ski pylon post hole with a seat base like I did, as with him getting jump seats I doubt it will have the backrest holes. Its really simple to do. Dealer charged me $200 parts included, to install the two seat bases.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:19 PM
Slot Fish

This is what I ended up doing. Ordered my boat with the ski pole and then relocated the rod holders that held the seat back. Replaced the holders with seat bases and welded the seat back to a couple pedestals.

After a few trips to Erie without my backrest, I knew I wanted it back. I
like the flexibility of the backrest for trolling trips. I can leave the second and third seats at home, thus providing ample floor space and still have safe travel with 3 or 4 guys.

It gets too nasty during trolling trips on Erie, Green Bay and Lake Michigan without it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...1d830b3268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk