Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Livewell overflow screen ? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-29-2021, 07:37 PM
Slot Fish

Default Livewell overflow screen ?

In my 2001 fisherman my overflow drains overboard for my front livewell but the inside doesn’t have any sort of cover or screen it’s just a 1 3/4 threaded opening. Is there a cover that goes on here that would keep bait from swimming out? I’ve never really used it but have recently been thinking of using it for bait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2021, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

A bait bag will keep your minnows from swimming away. Also make it easier to get one when needed rather than chase them all aroud the livewell.

https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-Bait-Ta...73435409&psc=1
Old 09-30-2021, 12:37 AM
Charter Member

If you have an overflow tube; these screens that are normally used on a clothes washing machine drain hose do a very good job to keep minnows from swimming out of the livewell.

Uncoil one, stretch it to the shape you wish and then use a plastic tie to clamp it in place on the drain tube.

If you don't have a drain tube in your livewell, but only an open hole, then pick up a drain tube that tightly fits the hole and slip the screen on the end.

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2021, 09:49 AM
Wallhanger

Find a minnow bucket that will fit in it..
As you know...it is a straight shot out the side. The reason there is no screen is so it can't get blocked by debris like dead minnow,etc... that the fish puke up.