Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Track mount Fender holders? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-09-2021, 12:28 AM
Minnow

Default Track mount Fender holders?

Whats out there that mounts on track mounts and is able to hold a fender? I cant seem to find anything for tracks. I saw something that is a little clip that attaches to the fender rope, then that clip attaches to an adaptor on the track. anyone have any ideas? thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2021, 04:54 AM
Charter Member

Dbars,
Easy.

Mount your rod holders on the tracks and hang the fenders from the rod holders. I do this all of the time and it works wonderfully well.

If I am fishing, the rod holders are already in place so, it is a zero preparation option.

But, if I am not fishing, I only need fenders on one side so it takes about 12 seconds to mount a rod holder to hang a fender if the need arises.

Take care

But, if you don't want to mount a rod holder, just take a rod holder mount that fits your track, and mount an eye bolt in the holder and use the eye bolt to hang your fender.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:15 AM
Wallhanger

I've mounted a small plastic cleat to SportTrak brackets, so I can move them and hang fenders where I need them.

HRG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sport Trak cleat.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	329130  
Old 09-09-2021, 06:46 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbars19 View Post
Whats out there that mounts on track mounts and is able to hold a fender? I cant seem to find anything for tracks. I saw something that is a little clip that attaches to the fender rope, then that clip attaches to an adaptor on the track. anyone have any ideas? thx

Cisco makes a cleat to fit in tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2021, 08:01 AM
Minnow

For my Lund impact I purchased a little button that mounts on the track. The bumper gets a piece that slides over the button. It works great. I purchased them as a Lund accessory from my dealer

Old 09-09-2021, 10:55 AM
Wallhanger

Traxtech
Old 09-09-2021, 11:28 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauroC View Post
For my Lund impact I purchased a little button that mounts on the track. The bumper gets a piece that slides over the button. It works great. I purchased them as a Lund accessory from my dealer

I got the same ones. I really like them. You can see them here on Amazon, they were about $15 cheaper when I bought mine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-09-2021, 12:27 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauroC View Post

I use too, they work great!

FN
Old 09-09-2021, 08:10 PM
Minnow

I made my own version of something similar to the Lund ones using stainless T-bolts (M8 size) and some 7-star bakelite knobs that have brass inserts, plus a nylon washer to keep it from scratching the track when tightened. Bought all the stuff on e-bay, enough to make about a dozen at a cost of <$3 each. Can handle up to 3/8" rope slung over it easily. I attached a photo of the mock-up I made in my living room and the parts bags.

Cheers
TRJB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210301_170255_combined.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	487.6 KB
ID:	329138  
Old 09-10-2021, 05:01 PM
Minnow

https://jerrysboatscatalog.com/produ...d-bumper-strap

These things are fantastic (they replaced the screwdriver/button one Lund made). I have one for each fender, and also for both drift socks. Super easy to use.