Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
upgrade ulterra to i-pilot LINK - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-26-2019, 10:49 AM
Wallhanger

Default upgrade ulterra to i-pilot LINK

I searched the forum, didnt find anything that helped much for my questions.
I bought a Ulterra 80 lbs in 2017 WITHOUT I-link. Now, I want to upgrade it to "link" to a Hummingbird helix 10 Mega SI G2N GPS unit. Since I already have the positioning puck and original remote, what is the bare minumum i need to make this work? I am most interested in the "Follow the contour" feature. Would i need the new remote? would i need a map chip with 1 foot contours? OR< does the hummer already have that map? Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2019, 11:09 AM
Wallhanger

I'm not sure an Ulterra is upgradeable from i-Pilot to i-Pilot Link.

According to the attached pdf, there is not a part number available to upgrade an Ulterra to i-Pilot Link:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MIN_productmanual_accy_compatibility.pdf (323.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 11-26-2019, 01:13 PM
Wallhanger

Not according to the chart. I would call MK and ask. Seems strange It would not have a kit. I think you need a remote as well as the control head. $800 is what it would be if there is a kit. Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2019, 05:46 PM
Wallhanger

Default yes there is a kit

there is a kit available. you do need a sd card with ilink humminbird enabled mapping. 800 smacks and it includes a positioning puck that i dont need cause the ulterra already came wqith that to work on spotlock jog. gonna think aabout it for a while. just thought i would correct the misinformation in this thread in case anyone viewed it.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:50 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsangler View Post
there is a kit available. you do need a sd card with ilink humminbird enabled mapping. 800 smacks and it includes a positioning puck that i dont need cause the ulterra already came wqith that to work on spotlock jog. gonna think aabout it for a while. just thought i would correct the misinformation in this thread in case anyone viewed it.
What's the part number of the kit?

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:48 PM
Wallhanger

Default yes there is a kit

The part number is 2884167. If anyone on this thread is actually interested in buying it........I kinda doubt it though. This parts kit is easily easily researched right on Minn Kota website.

Last edited by rbsangler; 01-10-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:06 PM
Keeper

I did it on a 2018 Ulterra w/ Bluetooth. It's not that difficult.

Buy the iPilot Link Controller head, get the ethernet cable to run from the control head to the graph. You're basically good with that at the bare minimum as I used a solix to control the deployment and all the functions.

Control Head - 287.00
Ethernet Cable - 77.24

Optional : Remote - 339.89

The remote basically doubles the price of the conversion, you have choices though, do you trust your electronics will always work or do you want to have a remote just in case
Old 01-18-2020, 10:54 AM
Wallhanger

When I upgraded my Ulterra I sold the one I had and bought a factory refurbished Ulterra with the Link. Sold my old one for $1700 and bought my refurbished one for $1900 delivered.

Check around with some of your local boat shops i know the Boat Center in Chippewa Falls had Ulterra take offs with bluetooth for $1800 came off new boats where the owner wanted an Ultrexx instead.

Last edited by TomP.; 01-18-2020 at 10:57 AM.