Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ontario Border Crossing - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 01-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Ontario Border Crossing

i fish a lot on the canadian side of the detroit river. for the last 2 years i've been carring a b.c. all the time. a passport, if you have one is the best.
when we lose the 2nd. amendment the others will be history too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

I found the following from a search on DUI in the Canada forum. The post reference is: https://www.walleyecentral.com/dc/dcb...ng_type=search

If your DWI is 0-5 years old you will need to fill out a short application and pay $200 (canadian) and you will be given a permit good for 30 days. (This has to be done each year). If your DWI is 5 to 10 yrs. old, you have to do the same thing but it is good for the whole 5 years.

If it is older than 10 years. You are automatically considered "rehabilitated" and you pass right through. Mine is older than 10 years and I had to go through an Immigration check and was passed right through.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

I found the following from a search on DUI in the Canada forum. The post reference is: https://www.walleyecentral.com/dc/dcb...ng_type=search

If your DWI is 0-5 years old you will need to fill out a short application and pay $200 (canadian) and you will be given a permit good for 30 days. (This has to be done each year). If your DWI is 5 to 10 yrs. old, you have to do the same thing but it is good for the whole 5 years.

If it is older than 10 years. You are automatically considered "rehabilitated" and you pass right through. Mine is older than 10 years and I had to go through an Immigration check and was passed right through.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:21 PM
SylvanBoatMan

As a US Customs Officer, I can add a little insight to this discussion. I work on the Montana/Alberta border but the requirements are the same anywhere you cross or fly into. There is only one requirement for a U.S. Citizen when crossing from Canada into the U.S. and that is to prove who you are. The best way to do this is with a passport. This one document serves as a government issued photo I.D. as well as proof of U.S. citizenship. You can never go wrong with a just a passport....even if it is expired.

If you don't have a passport it is always wise to carry a birth certificate along with a government issued I.D. Although the birth certificate is not required it will more than likely speed up the process and get you through the border with a lot less hassle. Another reason is when the 09-11 attacks occured the US/Canadian border was shut down allowing only US Citizens into the U.S. So if some sort of event happened while you were in Canada, you are going to want your proof of citizenship get you back home. An original birth certificate or a passport work the best.

Good Luck!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Get a Passport they are good for 10 years and you won't have any problems if you have a clean driving record as per the DUI !

Norman Maclean