Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
engine mount electric - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 01-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Minnow

Default engine mount electric

Just purchased a 620 Ranger 250 Ev and 9.9 kicker. The seller threw in a 101lb thrust Minn. engine mount. I am wondering just how useful it is since I have a 9.9 kicker and a 101 bow mount? I pull cranks mostly and if I really wouldn't use it that much I'd sell it beore drilling any holes in my 250 Ev. How does it improve your fishing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Charter Member

Nice of him to "throw in" an $1,000 piece of equipment!

I have had two boats with kickers that I have added the EM to. Once you get one, you'll never go back, especially if you pull cranks like you say that you do. Silent, no fuel, no fumes etc, etc. I think that you'll really like it and once you pop the first hole in the cavitation plate it ain't that bad for the next 5! Check the archives here and I think that you'll find that people echo what I have stated.

(but you'll also have no problem selling it if that is what you choose to do)
Old 01-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Wallhanger

I sold my kicker and have been usuing me EM80 on my 19 foot Champ. It's awesome!!! Only bad thing is getting used to staying at the wheel to steer and to view the graph... that being said, I'd never go back!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by strand View Post
Just purchased a 620 Ranger 250 Ev and 9.9 kicker. The seller threw in a 101lb thrust Minn. engine mount. I am wondering just how useful it is since I have a 9.9 kicker and a 101 bow mount? I pull cranks mostly and if I really wouldn't use it that much I'd sell it beore drilling any holes in my 250 Ev. How does it improve your fishing?

WOW!! Nice lil extra he threw in. Congrats on the gift.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Minnow

No noise, no fumes, only occasional water slap from the prop (only way you know it is running). Listen to the radio, no problem, walk away from helm and boat just goes straight ahead. Had it for a year and I love it. My brother had trouble with seals on his, but he's not big on maintenance or checking for fishing line. Seals fixed on factory warranty, no problem. Both times there was line in there. I am retired and spend from ice out til ice up on the lakes (Bago upper lakes mostly).

T-bone