Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Things NOT to do 1 week before you leave - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Minnow

Post Sleepy guys

We now have a standing deal that the last one to be picked up calls Big brother Dave and makes sure he is on the way to meet our travel schedule. Calling him 5 minutes after expected arrival, only to wake him up at his house, which is a 40 minute drive makes a lot of antsy travelers real restless. A great way to start a whole new batch of nicknames for Big brother.
2 sayings we use: "Adapt and overcome" (From my nephew who learned this technique with 4 yrs army)
"Be prepared" (from my brother who brings waaaaaay too much stuff.)
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Slot Fish

I use a list, working from the list I used the year before. Sometimes looking at the list you can eliminate items not needed from the year before. I start this about 3-4 weeks before the trip. Really helps!!! As the last week comes, I condense down to last minute things and make notes. Like... "Meat in freezer" Little things like helps ease the mind and helps keep you thinking about all those WALLEYES your going to catch!! )
Old 06-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Keeper

Don't hit a deer with your tow vehicle before you go. My wife did this once. Thankfully it was more then a week before our trip. But every trip since I've kept the tow vehicle pretty close to the garage before we go.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Wallhanger

We have a comprehensive list that everyone uses

Even thought we are a month away, stuff is starting to stack up on the table in the garage.

We have forgotten our share of things but there are stores along the way.

Food and Beverages are first to get packed.

Sunglasses

First Aid Kit

Chap stick and sunscreen

Bug spray

Extra tackle

Rods and reels will never be left behind.

Beverage coozies are packed in tackle box

Alumacraft 175 Sport Limited package
Mercury 115 4 Stroke
Lowrance Elite 7
Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV
Minn Kota Terrova iPilot
Eagle Bunk Trailer
Old 06-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Wallhanger

Default sprained ankle

The day before my first trip to Lac Seul, I sprained my ankle at work! Since the group had left the day before, I drove up by myself, with a case of 1.5 liter water on the floor of my minivan to prop up my foot while I drove, thank God for cruise control! I got pretty good at braking with my left foot! Walking to and from the boat and trying to stand up in the vee made for an interesting week, and my ankle turned all sorts of pretty colors!
For this years trip my boat and cabin buddy, a newbie to Canada, made out a list of groceries and supplies. We will review the list and update it for the next trip! Is it too soon to start the countdown!?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Keeper

One year while doing some packing the weekend before the trip I backed into small kid recliner in my basement. There was an upholstery staple sticking out and it sliced my calf 4" and deep. It was like someone cut me with a fillet knife. Off to the hospital we go about 11 at night. The ER Doc told me to stay off my leg as much as possible for a couple days. Yeah, right. I was back at packing and working around the house the next day. But because I favored my other leg my hip went out of place. Good grief. I have a 4" ugly scar to remind me of this for the rest of my life.