Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
technological angler worth it? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 fish View Post
Search for (Doug Vahernberg ) on YouTube you wil learn a lot.
Doug's old videos were great. These days he's become more of a Minnkota promo guy and not much useful information comes out from his channel any more. Personally I enjoyed the Doc Samson videos. Too bad all his videos involve Lowrance. He was supposed to come out with humminbird videos but don't know what's become of that project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Minnow

Default Quick Reference Cards

Has anyone purchased the quick reference cards? I was thinking about getting a set and would like to hear some feedback about them. I've only had my unit(899) for less than a year and thought they would help me!

Thanks... Bill
Old 03-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Minnow

Doc Sampson is excellent and his understanding sonar basics and advanced sonar DVDs contain a wealth of information that apply to any sonar. I highly recommend them. He is a bit of a dry speaker but the info is solid gold. He has some Humminbird stuff on his site now and will probably be adding some training vids in the future. Also his Facebook page is definitely worth subscribing to.
Here's his site: http://doctorsonar.com/

I heard a rumor that he will be in Edmonton sometime soon. Hope it's true.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
Doc Sampson is excellent and his understanding sonar basics and advanced sonar DVDs contain a wealth of information that apply to any sonar. I highly recommend them. He is a bit of a dry speaker but the info is solid gold. He has some Humminbird stuff on his site now and will probably be adding some training vids in the future. Also his Facebook page is definitely worth subscribing to.
Here's his site: http://doctorsonar.com/

I heard a rumor that he will be in Edmonton sometime soon. Hope it's true.
awesome, thanks for the info. I will be checking it out.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Minnow

Default Quick reference card

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedline View Post
Has anyone purchased the quick reference cards? I was thinking about getting a set and would like to hear some feedback about them. I've only had my unit(899) for less than a year and thought they would help me!

Thanks... Bill
I'm assuming you mean The Technological Angler card. I got one with the two disks. It references "HB Core Systems (300-100Series). It's 8.5 X 11, laminated. Three columns referencing SI, DI and 2d on one side. The other side addresses: Menu System, Advanced User Mode, Managing Views, Saving Screen Captures, Exporting Waypoints, Managing Data Readouts, Chart Orientation, and again 2d, DI & SI.

I just got my HB and haven't had a chance to install/use it so I really can't form an opinion on how useful his settings suggestions might be.

Will be happy to answer any specific settings if it helps.