Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Tight swivel seat post tricks. - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Any time you remove a seat pedestal, turn the seat upside down so that the pedestal is pointing straight into the air.

That keeps the grease or any black that might be on the base of the pedestal from marking up the boat.

If you need to leave the pedestal out of the boat, pick up some pvc tubing in a size that will fit over the end of the pedestal and up the pedestal to the seat. That way, the pvc pipe might get black on the inside but will keep any black from getting onto the boat.

There are times where I will remove one or two seats from their sockets to open up the interior of the boat for carrying bulky things. In this case, I just lay the seats upside down with the pedestals up in the air with their pvc pipe covering on the pedestals to protect the boat from marks.

Good luck

p.s.
Keep the pedestals clean, remove any oxidation from the bases and a light film of dry grease and you will be good to go. The use of an electric drill with a correctly sized brass brush and extension does a 1 minute clean up per socket for easy maintenance on the pedestals and bases.

These brass boring brushes are ideal for cleaning up the sockets in seat bases:
http://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.com...anoaAh3e8P8HAQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2016, 09:55 AM
seatguy

Emery cloth the base's
Old 03-27-2016, 01:43 PM
Keeper

The trick I do is to turn the pedestal half way before pulling it out.
In my older Crestliner I sanded the bottom and that seemed to help.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:07 PM
Wallhanger

Krazy grease may be the ticket. Apply it the wipe it off, it permanently bonds with the metal and is waterproof. I use it in my bearings and anything else Even around the house, wont find a squeaky door anywhere. I had ta CV joint on my tuck that was shot, it let go were it crimps on at the axle i seen it at 57 000 KM. Once a year id pump it full of Krazy Grease , i finally changed it at 260 000 km and not because the cv jojnt was shot a seal went so might as well change it while it was off.
Terrova w-Link