Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Crossing boarder with CBD Oil - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 09-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Wallhanger

Default Crossing boarder with CBD Oil

I wasn't aware that this would be a problem. Apparently even though it is legal on both sides of the boarder they do not allow you to cross the boarder with it. I had my brand new bottle of CBD Oil confiscated when we crossed at International Falls Wednesday night.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:24 PM
Minnow

by who, , the u s a or Canadian customs?

there was a woman from British Columbia had hers siezed by official in Washington state, she was fined over 500 bucks and sent back to Canada telling her she was banned for life from entering the states. after a month of lawyers working on this, the American officials sent her a letter telling her the ban was lifted, don't know if she got her fine money back
Old 09-07-2019, 04:00 PM
Wallhanger

Just be thankful they didn't get your jug of Rye.
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2019, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagecreek View Post

there was a woman from British Columbia had hers siezed by official in Washington state, she was fined over 500 bucks and sent back to Canada telling her she was banned for life from entering the states. after a month of lawyers working on this, the American officials sent her a letter telling her the ban was lifted, don't know if she got her fine money back
Met a group from NoDak in Sioux Lookout that had some confiscated from them by Canadian customs.
Hope the woman got her fine back.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Keeper

If I am being honest, you should have researched this heavily before attempting this. It seems pretty obvious that Canada and the US have some serious aversions to this. Crossing from the US in to Canada, the Canadians still donít allow transport of Cannabis across the border.....and Canadians view any CBD-oil as Cannabis.... and transport of it across the border could be considered a serious offense. You are lucky to just have had it confiscated. No detainment, fines, arrest/charges.

If ever a question, just call and ask someone a few simple questions. Border crossing officials have been very helpful when I have called in the past.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Wallhanger

Personally, my goal is to stay out of Canada for the rest of my life.

Yes, I know they don't care.

Their pick and choose method of enforcing their laws is just ridiculous. Get turned away at one point of entry, drive to the next one and you are allowed to pass.

And their reason for denying entry because of a past DWI, give me a break. All the Canadians I've ever met were beer alcoholics. I don't believe they never drive drunk in Canada.

The whole gig is sketchy. Plenty of walleyes in the USA. They can keep their Mounties, the black flies and their snotty attitudes.

BTW, I'm a proponent of CBD oil, I take it daily. When I travel, it goes with me, which is another reason for me to stay out of Canada.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:45 AM
Minnow

Or you can just buy it up here.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97roughneck View Post
Personally, my goal is to stay out of Canada for the rest of my life.

Yes, I know they don't care.

Their pick and choose method of enforcing their laws is just ridiculous. Get turned away at one point of entry, drive to the next one and you are allowed to pass.

And their reason for denying entry because of a past DWI, give me a break. All the Canadians I've ever met were beer alcoholics. I don't believe they never drive drunk in Canada.

The whole gig is sketchy. Plenty of walleyes in the USA. They can keep their Mounties, the black flies and their snotty attitudes.

BTW, I'm a proponent of CBD oil, I take it daily. When I travel, it goes with me, which is another reason for me to stay out of Canada.
Don't forget the Queen, igloo's, free health care, and Justin....
Old 09-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bay gord View Post
Don't forget the Queen, ,,,,,,

You have the Queen, we have Bobby,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wanna trade???
Old 09-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagecreek View Post

It was Canada Customs. No fine or anything, just took about 20 minutes to fill out paperwork and I was on my way.