Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Can't buy new motor - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2021, 01:30 PM
Wallhanger

No, economists said they, the company’s, would be nimble and innovative to find ways around a problem. Nothing has been done but excuse making if even that. You can paraphrase the excuses this way.

“We can’t get ships unloaded and we can’t get truck drivers”.

“Why?”

“They’re taking better jobs elsewhere”

“How long has this been a problem?”

“Since June”

Economics is supposed to have a fix for that. And somehow the stock prices just keep going up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2021, 02:56 PM
Minnow

My 2021 Alumacraft FSX, that the dealer originally ordered late last summer is supposed to be off of the production line by mid June. The dealer apparently has my Suzuki kicker, 12 inch helix, and terrova, but has no delivery date on the main suzuki. I contacted Suzuki in Florida and they told me it is likely in a shipping container either waiting to dock or on the dock on the West coast. They get no tracking info until it is on shore apparently. My original delivery was supposed to be March, but I knew better......
Old 05-30-2021, 03:47 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
No, economists said they, the company’s, would be nimble and innovative to find ways around a problem. Nothing has been done but excuse making if even that. You can paraphrase the excuses this way.

“We can’t get ships unloaded and we can’t get truck drivers”.

“Why?”

“They’re taking better jobs elsewhere”

“How long has this been a problem?”

“Since June”

Economics is supposed to have a fix for that. And somehow the stock prices just keep going up.
Change the "they're taking better jobs elsewhere" to "they are staying home due to California pandemic regulations" or "they are staying home because of economic stimulus and don't need to work" and you are closer to reality. How would you suggest a company addresses those situations? They can't work around the first. And if they increase wages to get people off the dole, then the consumer prices go up even more than they already are.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:26 PM
Minnow

I had similar issues. Just got my Lund Alaskan 2000 after 7 months of waiting. Trouble is the Yamaha 115 I ordered was cancelled. Covid has hit Japan big time, my dealer was told all is orders are cancelled. Also Yamaha has 6000 outboards awaiting shipment but there is a global container shortage. Finally 100's of containers are awaiting unloading at the port of LA , but the dock workers are negotiating a new labor deal are working at a snails pace. Fortunately I found a Yamaha dealer, 8 hours away, with a 115, in a crate unsold, due to previous customer upgrading to a 150. So off I go this week to power up the Lund. Then I am ready for the season, finally.