Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Clarifying Issues - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 07-22-2021, 03:31 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalleyeTherapy View Post
There are options for rapid result PCR tests available. I’m personally concerned about driving 9 hours and not having test results when I arrive. There is a fairly steep price to pay for PCR tests with results same day or next day I’ve noticed. $200 is best I’ve seen in WI so far. If anyone is aware of rapid result PCR testing that is less expensive please share
We're paying $75 at a clinic for a PCR test with same day results. NC Iowa.

What about supposedly having to list a place to quarantine? Is that reallly necessary?
Where at? I have called clinics and hyvee and they have all said 3-5 days yet which obviously will not work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2021, 03:45 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim03 View Post
Where at? I have called clinics and hyvee and they have all said 3-5 days yet which obviously will not work.
I made my appt. through the Garner Medical Clinic. The test is taken at Britt, IA. Phone # 641-923-2651.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:05 PM
Minnow

Walgreens offers free tests. Their "Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW)" advertises results in less than 24hrs. This is Abbott's rapid molecular in vitro diagnostic test, so you should be good.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyecheek View Post
What about "old farts" in your group that don't have a smart phone ? Or a home computer ?.........you know the type !
It looks like you can put additional travelers in the ArriveCAN app so you may be able to put the “old farts” on your phone.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:01 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by isumoose View Post
Walgreens offers free tests. Their "Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW)" advertises results in less than 24hrs. This is Abbott's rapid molecular in vitro diagnostic test, so you should be good.
Yes this looks like it could be the way to go. Here is from wallgreens website:

Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW): The Rapid Point-of-Care (POC) - NAAT (ID NOW) test also detects genetic material (mRNA) of the virus. The test is performed on-site, and results are available within 24 hours.

I believe this meets Canadian requirements. I believe it’s free as well!
Old 07-22-2021, 05:23 PM
Minnow

“Doctors Now” in West Des Moines, IA offers a “Molecular” rapid test (not PCR) and get results back in 1 hour. Doesn’t sound like insurance will cover for travel though. $110. My trip keeps getting more and more expensive!!!
Old 07-22-2021, 05:32 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyecheek View Post
What about "old farts" in your group that don't have a smart phone ? Or a home computer ?.........you know the type !
It looks like you can put additional travelers in the ArriveCAN app so you may be able to put the “old farts” on your phone.
"old farts" back of the line !................j/k
Old 07-22-2021, 06:11 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 oz Jig View Post
Yes this looks like it could be the way to go. Here is from wallgreens website:

Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW): The Rapid Point-of-Care (POC) - NAAT (ID NOW) test also detects genetic material (mRNA) of the virus. The test is performed on-site, and results are available within 24 hours.

I believe this meets Canadian requirements. I believe it’s free as well!
Thank you for the IDNow recommendation Isumoose. Much appreciated. The travel.gc.ca Canada page definitely lists NAAT tests as acceptable testing
Old 07-22-2021, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassh View Post
Jared, do have any knowledge of vaccinated, recovered Covid cases who test positive, long after they are no longer infectious? I think those people if they have a positive test between 6 months and 14 days of crossing, will be allowed in with a positive test.

Isolated instances like this should call the border WHERE THEY ARE CROSSING, and make sure they will be allowed if they test positive. Get the officer's name for reference, and give them your name too.

I know there are going to be problems with the system. There always are. The good news is... THE BORDER IS OPENING!!!! Wahoo!!!!

Be patient with the officers, be respectful, be prepared... remember, none of the people at the border made the rules or were in charge of closing things down. Let's make things as easy as possible for everyone involved!
Old 07-22-2021, 06:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutwater View Post
Fantastic information, thank you. I think I speak for most when I say you've been extremely helpful through all of this!
thank you. Most of us are on the same team... let's go fishing!