Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How to know if your Yamaha outboard was over heated? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 09-03-2021, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

you should be Ok if no alarm. I would think water would have been spraying like crazy out of the subject hose/ attachment.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Minnow

You can also invest about 55 to 60 bucks for a diagnostic tool that reads error codes, engine hours, etc from a laptop. If it had an overheat code, it should display it and show when it happened as far as what the total hours were on the motor when it occurred. The kit includes a CD or software on a card and cables to adapt to the motor from the laptop.
I had one for the Yamaha I sold earlier this year and intend on buying one for my new Suzuki. If nothing else, I will be able to check if any codes exist before my warranty eventually runs out.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BondJmsBond998 View Post
You can also invest about 55 to 60 bucks for a diagnostic tool that reads error codes, engine hours, etc from a laptop. If it had an overheat code, it should display it and show when it happened as far as what the total hours were on the motor when it occurred. The kit includes a CD or software on a card and cables to adapt to the motor from the laptop.
I had one for the Yamaha I sold earlier this year and intend on buying one for my new Suzuki. If nothing else, I will be able to check if any codes exist before my warranty eventually runs out.
Thatís something I didnít know existed! My motor has been running just fine the last two times Iíve been out...so I am sleeping pretty good now! I might invest in that diagnostic tool though just for more piece of mind, and you never know when it might be needed again. Can you tell me who makes them?
Old 09-08-2021, 07:06 AM
Slot Fish

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill, seriously if that engine was getting that hot it would go into a limp mode and shut you right down. Trust me I have had it happen