Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Spark plugs for Optimax - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 03-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Keeper

Default RE: Spark plugs for Optimax

Try boaters value in Wyandotte just looked at my bill for last year 65.94 for 6. Talk to Charles tell him I sent u he will give you a good deal.There right next door to Wyandotte boat ramp.

Capt.Paul Curmi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2006, 12:06 AM
warhawk1

I have been using a can of Seafoam w/ every 20 gallons of gas per the recomendation of some here. Is Quickclean similar stuff or do you use this in addition to a Seafoam type product??
Old 03-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Minnow

"the bottom plug was a bugger to get out" I understand that a small portion of the case is made to be removed so that you reach the bottom plug from the outside. Sure would make it easier. Do these plugs require a special socket? If so, where do you get a socket that fits?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Opti Pain

Standard plug socket works. The new plugs from NGK for the 225 have a Titanium electrode not Platinum I guess thats why they are $18ea and as far as the bottom two plugs. If you disconnect the injector wires and hire kid with small hands it should save you some time.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Treats

Try this trick on the bottom left plug.

Get some surgical tubing or any tubing that's flexable and will fit over the end of the plug and use that to help get that one started. (Thanks Joe)

Be sure you've got a couple different lenghts of extensions and elbows when you remove that one, it's a bugger
Old 03-24-2006, 03:47 PM
The St. Clair Slayer

Rapala Paul, after reading your post the other day for Opti oil I started thinking about the plugs. So I started this thread. Looks like I will get some plugs when I pick up the oil this weekend. Between plugs and a case of oil that won't leave much money to gas the boat and buy minnows. LOL As for removing the lower plugs I use a twelve inch piece of tubing from an old air hose that was on my air compressor in the garage. Just stick it over the end of the plug and turn. Works great!!
Old 03-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Wallhanger

I have bought plugs for my opti when I had it and for my Yamaha now from a place on the web called clubplug. You just have to know which exact plug you want. They have been quite a bit cheaper than buying local. Pretty fast shipping as well.

My .02
The Crusher
Old 03-25-2006, 08:09 PM
dtmg

went to local parts store and they ordered them for $9.50 a piece not to bad
Old 03-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Minnow

You might want to try www.sparkplugs.com I had some luck w/ hard to find/pricey plugs here in the past
Old 03-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Wallhanger

From what I understand the new plugs have an iridium electrode, a different plug from the older platinum types, supposed to be an improvement. Not sure of the manufacturer or number, I will know in a few days. A Merc tech that I trust says the new ones are better, good enough for me. I've heard of motors with 300 hours on a set of these.