Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Father Speaks Out - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Wallhanger

Default Father Speaks Out

As a parent, this is worth your time...

http://now.msn.com/now/0424-teacher-...istic-boy.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Wallhanger

That father is outraged. As the father of a handicapped child, I can understand.

Not an isolated case. In our school system, a special ed teacher was verbally abusing her students, who weren't capable of telling their parents what was happening. She got caught by a parent. The school system simply moved her to another classroom. There, she wasn't so lucky. Those were students perfectly capable of telling their parents what she did. She was fired shortly afterwards.

I don't know what's wrong with a teacher or classroom worker who would treat helpless children that way, but there's no room for that behavior in our schools. Moving the problem to another classroom is, likewise, inexcusable.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Wallhanger

The parties involved should have been dismissed or suspended with out pay from the second it was brought to the attention of the school. Every parent has the right to know who is teaching thier child and ever action taken against them. If the school district does not want to share who the third person on the tape is then I would go after the school board for the info.

Putting the teacher in another classroom is plain disrespect for the parent and child. If a child acts out in school, say he brings a toy knife to school there is no privacy for the family when they expell him and post his name in the local paper. I have to ask myself where is the national media coverage on this one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Keeper

This parent needs to form a coalition with the rest of the parents, in protest remove their children from the school, until all guilty parties are fired. and a public apoligy is offered,
Old 04-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hommer23 View Post
The parties involved should have been dismissed or suspended with out pay from the second it was brought to the attention of the school. Every parent has the right to know who is teaching thier child and ever action taken against them. If the school district does not want to share who the third person on the tape is then I would go after the school board for the info.

Putting the teacher in another classroom is plain disrespect for the parent and child. If a child acts out in school, say he brings a toy knife to school there is no privacy for the family when they expell him and post his name in the local paper. I have to ask myself where is the national media coverage on this one?
I think the national coverage will be soon enough. Nancy Grace here we come....
Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarcraft91 View Post
That father is outraged. As the father of a handicapped child, I can understand.

Not an isolated case. In our school system, a special ed teacher was verbally abusing her students, who weren't capable of telling their parents what was happening. She got caught by a parent. The school system simply moved her to another classroom. There, she wasn't so lucky. Those were students perfectly capable of telling their parents what she did. She was fired shortly afterwards.

I don't know what's wrong with a teacher or classroom worker who would treat helpless children that way, but there's no room for that behavior in our schools. Moving the problem to another classroom is, likewise, inexcusable.
It's called the dance of the lemons. Move bad teachers and administrators around until they get into a position where they can't harm anyone. Unfortunately, it happens all the time.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGPopp View Post
It's called the dance of the lemons. Move bad teachers and administrators around until they get into a position where they can't harm anyone. Unfortunately, it happens all the time.
Yep. And it isn't just the public schools doing it.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Wallhanger

Default Union problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGPopp View Post
I agree, far too often the problem gets moved around. No one wants to be held accountable for their own actions.

Before anyone jumps me about being anti-union, I am an active union member and was a union officer for over 9 years. I have seen it firsthand where people that should have lost their employment get by because the union backs them. This backing in turn ends up giving the unions a bad name.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarcraft91 View Post
Yep. And it isn't just the public schools doing it.
correct but the teachers at the public schools get to keep their jobs for this kind of action while those in a private school are fired promptly as they should be....

Maybe we should give teachers more money, pensions, healthcare, ect..TGFSW
Old 04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Wallhanger

Poor little guy just asked his assurance question to make himself remain calm. Those teachers sounded like immature ,self absorbed, I will edit the rest myself. I have an autistic boy and they need their routine to be intact or they become very upset and frantic. Anyone who spends any time with an autistic child knows exactly what they need to keep them feeling safe. They were just being cruel for no reason. They could have simply told him he could see daddy next and that would have been it, why pick on someone who can't defend themselves? These kids and their families already have a life sentence and just dealing with all the obstacles everyday that most take for granted is exhausting. Their lucky this wasn't my little boy, I have certain ways of handling bully's and it wouldn't involve the school.