Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cheap motel in Int. falls - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-21-2015, 09:05 AM
Wallhanger

Made reservations yesterday at the Falls. Good luck. All I could get was a single with a rollaway bed as the second bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Slot Fish

Default Chocolate Moose

We got up mid-week so there are no issues with lines at the border...Most the time we drive straight thru, but we stayed once at America's Best Value Inns & Suites in I-Falls and it was decent and cheap. If you decide to stay there, walk a couple doors down and eat at the Chocolate Moose. My buddy swears by the place! Good Steak and Ice Cold Drafts.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:24 AM
Slot Fish

Default Moose

The BBQ ribs are excellent also. Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Wallhanger

I know this doesn't fit the OP requirements but last year we crossed @ about 3:00 pm & continued on to Dryden in daylight & stayed @ the Colonial Motel. It was about 70 bucks & 1970 vintage decor. It was very clean. It sure was nice waking up knowing that the drive up 502 was behind us. Later, Jay
Old 01-22-2015, 09:36 AM
Wallhanger

Default Another option

I've had quite satisfactory stays at the Hilltop in Int'l Falls. When I've stayed there I was not pulling my boat, and boat parking may be a bit tight.

Another option is to plan the trip with the overnight stop in Eveleth or Virginia, MN. The Super 8 in Eveleth (right on Hwy. 53) and the Pine View in Virginia (a short jog off 53) have both worked very well for me. In fact, they are now a preferred stop rather than going on to Int'l Falls - a better place to break up my trip.

For the past six or seven years my experience has essential involved no wait lines at IF. Always cross Saturday mornings. Northbound it is before 8 or 8:30 a.m. or after 11 a.m. and I haven't had more than four vehicles ahead of me. Southbound it is always between 10 a.m. and noon and the longest line was maybe 25 cars on the bridge southbound, usually it's 4-8.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Wallhanger

Default Given the drop in CDN relative to the USD

an overnight north of the border may be a great deal.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:46 PM
Minnow

WE also go all the way to Dryden. Stay at the Holiday Inn. Thay have a nice grill we use . It's the first night our group is together . 24 guys. Go to the Beer Store get some other supplies. Get up they have a descent breakfast . Get to camp and get settled in time to get in some good fishing time. Works for us