Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Vehicles Through The Ice Lake Geneva, WI - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Wallhanger

Default Vehicles Through The Ice Lake Geneva, WI

Looks like about 10 are sinking into Lake Geneva, Wi. This never seemed to me to be a good idea in southern Wisconsin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bridgeview5.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	192513  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Wallhanger

Oh come that not that bad Not as bad as Winnebago 4-5 yrs.ago,thank god when I got back to the launch I was high and dry but they were going through in front and back of me.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Minnow

I never liked the idea of driving on Geneva, particularly this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Wallhanger

App 10 inches of ice near the shoreline. cars were cluster parked. I would not even think of driving on Geneva as warm as it has been this year.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:35 AM
cant fix stupid

When will people learn that its a bad idea to drive on water, soft or hard?

I hope their insurance excludes coverage for stupidity. I'm tired of being in the same risk pool with morons.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:54 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant fix stupid View Post
When will people learn that its a bad idea to drive on water, soft or hard?

I hope their insurance excludes coverage for stupidity. I'm tired of being in the same risk pool with morons.
You are in the same risk pool with people that drive when under the influence, drive while talking on their cell phones and driving on frozen water on the road. In those cases, the risk is probably much greater when you add to potential to cause damage to other vehicles or worse yet, bodily injury.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Keeper

Not a chance I would be driving on Genevas ice during any winter let alone this one.

They said on the news this morning that the powers that be used the ice as an overflow parking spot. If that's true then it wouldn't surprise me if there will be some sort of legal action resulting from this.

An expensive lesson learned for sure.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Wallhanger

When driving on ice it is always a good idea to drive or park with lots of separation from other vehicles. Most every time we see this the vehicles are right next to each other on ice thick enough to hold most vehicles, then kerplunk. A few years back we were ice fishing and the guy driving parked tight to another truck. The guys in the ice shack came running out screaming that water came up more than a foot inside the holes and they could hear heavy cracking.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Wallhanger

Most years LG is plenty solid in certain areas. But one can't just go anywhere most years. I would say some simple common sense goes a long way. That being said, as my Grandma used to say all the time "Monkey see. Monkey do!" There is a sign right there saying dive on the lake at your own risk. No hotels or businesses will be held accountable for that anymore than they would a parking ticket.

I personally would not tie this particular incident to drinking and driving, either. I want to say some friends counted 16 or 18 cars.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:34 AM
cpaguest

Default Duh !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
You are in the same risk pool with people that drive when under the influence, drive while talking on their cell phones and driving on frozen water on the road. In those cases, the risk is probably much greater when you add to potential to cause damage to other vehicles or worse yet, bodily injury.
Cluster parking on ice,are people really that dumb? Guess so, I know, their cell phones or tablets told them it would be OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!