Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Garmin 73sv auto-mapping chip size? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 04-08-2016, 06:53 AM
Minnow

Default Garmin 73sv auto-mapping chip size?

I have a new Garmin 73SV and will be heading to Ontario soon to an uncharted lake and would like to use the mapping function almost full time for 4 days. Any idea how big of a memory chip I should be using. We fish a lot of different areas and it would be nice to get a better idea of the structure profiles.
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2016, 07:29 AM
Minnow

The largest it accepts is 32GB and those only cost about $12 (on Amazon) so you might as well just get that.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Minnow

The only thing I've been able to find about storage space is this line:

"The better the quality of transducer used, the more detailed the map content can be. Using Panoptix, you should be able to record about 1,500 hours on a 2 GB card. Assuming a vessel speed of approximately 10 mph, that’s about 100,000 acres."

It doesn't say anything about a regular transducer but since Panoptix is supposed to be the best I would assume you could fit more or at least the same amount of time/area in the same space.