Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Sonar chart live - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 12-14-2016, 04:56 PM
Minnow

Default Sonar chart live

So from what I've read about sonar chart live is it's similar to autochart live only your actually sharing the map info with navionics. So in the end its really not your own private personal map. Is this correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2016, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

I believe that is true only if you choose to upload it. Still new to Navionics Freshest but that's my understanding.

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
Old 12-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Minnow

From what I've read thats only true if you use insight genisis and choose not to share. Sonar chart live makes the map for you while your mapping using WiFi and linked to navionics boating app but navionics takes that info as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2016, 07:09 AM
Live charting

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxfisher View Post
From what I've read thats only true if you use insight genisis and choose not to share. Sonar chart live makes the map for you while your mapping using WiFi and linked to navionics boating app but navionics takes that info as well.
If your talking about WiFi and making maps on your mobile device, no you don't have to upload it, if your talking about the new map making you can make on your sonar...not sure.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

In simplicity, "Sonar Chart Live" is an "Overlay" and you are not sharing that info.

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
Old 12-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

Here is what is coming out for Lowrance Live Mapping with SonarChart Live- What I know so far, subject to change…

➢ See below for effected units.
➢ Lowrance NOS 56 software update.
➢ Lowrance Units covered are-
• HDS Gen 3 12, 9, 7 Version 4.5
• HDS Gen 2 Touch 12, 9, 7
• Elite Ti version 2.5
• Lowrance Carbon
➢ SonarChart Live data recorded in Lowrance and displayed live on screen.
➢ SonarChart data is not recorded to the hard drive of the sonar, it is recorded to the Navionics card and Navionics card is required. (See below for required cards).
➢ Create High Definition 1’ contours.
➢ Requires a Navionics mapping card with an active chart update subscription (Freshest Data).
➢ Navionics Cards needed-
• Hotmaps Platinum
• Platinum +
• Navionics +
• Navionics + Regions
• Navionics Updates
➢ Data recorded in Lowrance and stored on card is not shared to Navionics.
➢ Genesis / Lowrance nor Navionics gets NO LOGS or Data from Lowrance Plotter/Sonar. Data not shared.
➢ Adjust SonarChart contour density.
➢ Update Navionics Mapping card in Lowrance Plotter via WI fi connection between Mobile device and Plotter.
➢ Download updated charts and transfer routes and markers/waypoints via the innovative Plotter Sync capability of Navionics Boating apps without having to remove the Navionics card.
➢ If you choose to do SonarChart Live and want to update your Navionics SonarChart data on card or mobile device app you have to connect affected Lowrance Units via Wi fi to Navionics Mobile app and do SonarChart Live in the mobile device, which is then uploaded to Navionics and processed into the community SonarChart layer. You then do a Freshest Data update to card or mobile device.
➢ Added functions-
• You can do plotter sync.
• Shallow Water Highlight.
• Depth Highlight.
• Easy View.
• Transparency.
• Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting creates intelligent, detailed routes, even through narrow passages and channels.

Last edited by KHedquist; 12-19-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:17 AM
Freshest Data

If you buy a card down load the freshest data, and than choose not to update your yearly subscription the next year does it still work? I'm already doing it with a tablet now but choose not to update the data "did it for a year nothing changed on the lakes I fish'' it still works fine on the tablet just the app is such a battery killer.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshest Data View Post
If you buy a card down load the freshest data, and than choose not to update your yearly subscription the next year does it still work? I'm already doing it with a tablet now but choose not to update the data "did it for a year nothing changed on the lakes I fish'' it still works fine on the tablet just the app is such a battery killer.

➢ Requires a Navionics mapping card with an active chart update subscription (Freshest Data).
Hotmaps Platinum
Platinum +
Navionics +
Navionics + Regions
Navionics Updates
Old 12-16-2016, 01:55 PM
Minn guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHedquist View Post
Hotmaps Platinum
Platinum +
Navionics +
Navionics + Regions
Navionics Updates
So you have to do the yearly subscription (Freshest data) every year for this to work? What does that cost per year?
Old 12-16-2016, 02:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn guest View Post
So you have to do the yearly subscription (Freshest data) every year for this to work? What does that cost per year?
Yes it is included with the purchase of a new card for a year then 50% of the price of a new card after that for the year. So depends on what card you get, anywhere new from 200.00 for Nav+ and Platinum to 99.00 Nav Updates Card