Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
3D Structure Scan "Down" Issue - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 08-18-2020, 03:33 PM
Keeper

Default 3D Structure Scan "Down" Issue

I now have a new issue with my structure scan. I was out on Sakakawea and had a lot of trouble getting the structure scan to show on my Gen3 9. I could get side imaging but when I tried to switch to just "Down" it would only show a black screen. The lights on the box were both blinking, I could not remember if they should be solid on or should just blink. I do have all of my latest updates for the structure scan and Gen3.

Is there a way to test my structure scan transducer? I believe the down crystals are my issue.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2020, 08:32 AM
Minnow

The Gen3' and 3D do not play well together with the latest update. Had same problem with mine. Lots of talk about the problem on bass boat central.

I had to run the Gen3 with the Sept 2018 update and 3D with the one before that I believe. I can't give you the exact update numbers. Maybe Hawker will chime in or you can check BBC.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:40 AM
Keeper

I still have my LSS2 transducer. Can I just plug that into my 3D box to allow all of my units to have access to the down and side imaging? Or will that not work since the LSS2 is not a 3D transducer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2020, 11:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by repoman View Post
I still have my LSS2 transducer. Can I just plug that into my 3D box to allow all of my units to have access to the down and side imaging? Or will that not work since the LSS2 is not a 3D transducer?

No will not work. The 3D transducer has 2 outputs which carry the signal from the side crystals and the down/2D crystals separately. Thus the 2 inputs into the 3D box for the respective cables off the transducer.