Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
entry denial - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-26-2021, 12:02 AM
Charter Member

Default entry denial

I have a group of 10 heading to Canada on September 4th. I have heard of the Canadian border guys refusing entry even with all the applicable documents. We are thinking about taking a car and parking it somewhere in case someone gets refused entry that they have a way back home. Anyone run into this issue?
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2021, 05:14 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
I have a group of 10 heading to Canada on September 4th. I have heard of the Canadian border guys refusing entry even with all the applicable documents. We are thinking about taking a car and parking it somewhere in case someone gets refused entry that they have a way back home. Anyone run into this issue?
3 of us went into Canada on the 8/13. It took about 5 minutes. If you have all your documents why would you be refused? Just be sure to wear your mask as you pull up to the border agent. Ours was a little upset that we weren't already wearing ours. He said even in public in Ontario you are supposed to have them on. Some of the locals in Fort Frances were wearing them as they walked around, most were not.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

Negative test within 72 hours… PCR or NAAT are most common

Fill out arrivecan

Bring vaccine card with you.

You will be good to go. Only way you will be denied entry is everyone hasn’t accomplished everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2021, 07:22 AM
Wallhanger

If you need a place to leave a car contact me.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:43 AM
Really?

Quote:
David. What is your source for this information. I would like to examine that more closely. Thank You i suspect it's just the wild spread of another RUMOR from the uneducated.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:58 AM
Keeper

Hi Dave,

I have not heard this but the car thing is an interesting idea. Is there a bus that goes from IF to MSP or Duluth?

Teresa and I are getting our covid tests today. Leave Saturday. We will be on our way home on the 4th. I will give you a call then.

Paul
Old 08-26-2021, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

Paul, Still trying to find someplace to do the tests as the previous poster stated about the Walgreens in Anoka, a visit there and they stopped doing them. Oh well I have a week!

Really, You might be right however this was brought up by on of our group members and I volunteered to seek information. I suspect it has started from someone not meeting all the requirements then complaining about it. Either way he is determined to have an extra vehicle just in case. Tonight we have a meeting and I will report that any spec of information that is deemed incorrect, you are on your own as they are all big boys now!

TMG, thanks for the offer, I will bring that up as well.

Sometimes getting everyone on the same page is like herding cats.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:54 AM
Minnow

Default Walgreens

I'll spare you the challenges that we experienced, but keep in mind that some Walgreens have a 3 to 5 day turnaround (not the 24/48 hours that many expect) and they don't tell you this until at the testing site. In addition, they won't do same day appointments. When all else fails (from experience), I recommend going to the MSP airport and paying the $200 for the 1 hour test results. I parked in the Gold Ramp and somehow chose the correct level and walked in 15' and there was the testing center. I was back in my car in less than 5 minutes and had the results emailed to me within the hour. Looking back with all the frustration with CVS (they had our appointment wrong) and Walgreens fiasco, I would have saved alot of stress and frustration of just paying the $200.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:15 AM
Wallhanger

From fishing fever - “If you have all your documents why would you be refused?”

From Obabikon - “Only way you will be denied entry is everyone hasn’t accomplished everything.”

I disagree with Obabikon and I’ll tell you why, fishingfever…..

It was recently said elsewhere on some post in regard to this very matter (not going to bother looking it up) that (paraphrasing) “it’s up to the individual agent at the border” and that’s the key. Each individual agent has the latitude to be as arbitrary and capricious as they feel like for whatever reason, regardless of where the directive comes from…..and I’ve experienced it personally. Some years ago, I was attempting to cross the border within the context of a work permit. The specific resort had covered all the bases, including written support from Ontario Sunset Country and had the matter APPROVED all the way through the MINISTRY IN TORONTO. However, the agent in Fort Frances said, in effect, pffftttt, ain’t good enough….DENIED. I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade and I’m hoping all goes well for me when I try to cross next Tuesday. Personally, I never assume entry is a sure thing. I’m always holding my breath to a certain extent that the border agent didn’t have a pi$$y morning with the wife that day and is going to take it out on me.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:40 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Paul, Still trying to find someplace to do the tests as the previous poster stated about the Walgreens in Anoka, a visit there and they stopped doing them. Oh well I have a week!

Really, You might be right however this was brought up by on of our group members and I volunteered to seek information. I suspect it has started from someone not meeting all the requirements then complaining about it. Either way he is determined to have an extra vehicle just in case. Tonight we have a meeting and I will report that any spec of information that is deemed incorrect, you are on your own as they are all big boys now!

TMG, thanks for the offer, I will bring that up as well.

Sometimes getting everyone on the same page is like herding cats.
My wife had her test today at 9:45 am (ID Now) and results are already available. I went to Mayo clinic this AM and they said 12 to 24 hours for results.