Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
899 hd si & 959 di - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Minnow

Default 899 hd si & 959 di

Well, after the 859 madness... I figured I would get rid of it ahead of my trip and upgrade to the 959, only come to find out that the issue wasn't isolated to just the 859's... 2nd day into a week long fishing trip in Canada my 899 started the dreaded off/on loop...

My question isn't about that however... seeing that there is now a fix for this available ( and HB sends me back my 899!)

What I am wondering is this:

I had the 899HD SI on the console, with the transducer it came with installed on the transom.
I moved the 899 to the bow to replace the 859 and put the 959DI on the console (because of the larger screen). Now, I have the 5-port ethernet switch installed and the I-link system. With the recent software upgrades I should be able to use the 959DI unit on the console and use the SI feature as long as the 899 unit is turned on, correct?

Can someone help me with confirming the network settings for doing this? I tried doing it while in Canada (for the 1st day anyway) and I could only see the DI on the 959... the SI view was available on the 959, but it wasn't showing anything... it was blank.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Minnow

Someone that knows for sure should chime in, but I don't think it works that way. I believe you need to plug in the correct transducer to the correct unit. i.e. SI unit will need a SI transducer to get SI images. You'll probably need to swap em around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Minnow

You would have to have the side imaging transducer plugged into the 899 and networked to the other units for it to share the side imaging views. You can not plug it into a 859 or 959 it will not work.