Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fly In Meta Lake Lodge 2022 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-18-2021, 01:06 AM
Minnow

Default Fly In Meta Lake Lodge 2022

My name is Paul from North Bay, Ont . Myself and my best friends are going to do our first Fly In next year . With all the rebookings that may happen because the US border not opening up this summer a lot of 2021 reservations at a lot lodges will be moved to 2022 .
I had a great conversation with Jim the owner of Meta yesterday and we went over a lot of what Meta Lodge has to offer.
I have done over a 100 hours of research on lodges and outpost packages , forums, reviews and you tube videos .
Looking for Fishing, accmadations , drive time and cost . What Algoma and Sunset Regions have to offer is overwhelming .
With Meta, Brace and Ara Lakes all connected you have a lot of fishing opportunities.
I’m still looking at Buck Lake, Nagagami ,Studd Lake, Kaby Lake and Little Missansbie .
Meta is in first place right now .
If any of you out there can help me with some info on these lakes or any other ones that would be appreciated .
Thx Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2021, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppauleu13 View Post
My name is Paul from North Bay, Ont . Myself and my best friends are going to do our first Fly In next year . With all the rebookings that may happen because the US border not opening up this summer a lot of 2021 reservations at a lot lodges will be moved to 2022 .
I had a great conversation with Jim the owner of Meta yesterday and we went over a lot of what Meta Lodge has to offer.
I have done over a 100 hours of research on lodges and outpost packages , forums, reviews and you tube videos .
Looking for Fishing, accmadations , drive time and cost . What Algoma and Sunset Regions have to offer is overwhelming .
With Meta, Brace and Ara Lakes all connected you have a lot of fishing opportunities.
I’m still looking at Buck Lake, Nagagami ,Studd Lake, Kaby Lake and Little Missansbie .
Meta is in first place right now .
If any of you out there can help me with some info on these lakes or any other ones that would be appreciated .
Thx Paul
The owner of Meta Lake Lodge is John Weirsma. Great guy! I was supposed to go up in August last year, (my 6th time there), but we were moved to this August.

Thanks for the reminder to contact him and get it moved again. I hope he can withstand another season without any cash flow, and that Meta Lake Lodge is still there next season.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 04-18-2021, 01:50 AM
Minnow

Oh darn Thanks It’s John not Jim lol Ya with his Callander when where talking August is the best month at the Lodge John was saying Fishing and no bugs
We are going on a fishing trip an hour out of North Bay hopefully the Covid restrictions have lifted and on this trip I will giving our guys the lay out on my research on what lodge we will decide to go . John said to contact him when we know if he can squeeze us in the crazy revamped schedule
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2021, 10:24 AM
Minnow

Default Meta lake

Been going to meta lake since 2012.We go in mid June and the fishing then is second to none.We are strictly fishing for walleye and we do not bother with the slime buckets but generally catch a dozen or so every day.Last year we caught around 1200 wallys.We take white chartreuse and pink jigs with white Yellow and orange mr twisters with 3or 4 inch tails.The last few .years black buck tail jigs on slip bobbers while driftinghave worked well.We take a flat of worms and 1-2 lbs of leechesif you can find them.The lake is easy to fish and Ara lake may be even better fishing but it can get rough and you must keep an eye on it.John provides minnows and ice if you are on American plan.Bugs are not an issue at the camp but can be a ******* at the air service dock.The meals are fantastic and accommodations are first rate.Take a fish finder.There are shore lunch spots so that is an potion as well.John has maps with locations to fish.We try to fish in depths of 4-12 feet.Fishing off the dock is pretty hot.Last year I would take 4 beers and some worms and fish until I caught 25 and call it a nite..
Hope that helps
Old 05-07-2021, 11:25 AM
Minnow

Thanks for the great review of Meta Lake
Lodge . I talked to John and he gave me lots of info on the camp . Wow 1200 in a week , how many guys where there in your group . Where also looking at Brace Lake Outfitter . Have you ever went over to Brace from Meta ?
Old 05-07-2021, 01:14 PM
Minnow

There was 4 of us.You will have no problem catching 100 per boat if you want.We have been halfway up the channel to Brace but never fished it.Have talked to lots of guys that have come down to Meta to fish and really they did not bad mouth or say Brace was not ok.One drawback is that if you want to fish Meta or Ara lakes it is a big run from Brace.Both camps use giesler cadarstrip boats which are fantastic to fish out of.I cannot give you any opinion on the 2 camps just info on Meta.We were the only guests at Meta last year and had the lakes to ourselves.i am from Muskoka so just south of you.I used to fish Nipising 15 years ago when it was a superb fishery

Hope that helps
Old 06-01-2021, 03:12 AM
Minnow

Oh ya for sure the info was helpful for sure . Our gang meet in 3 weeks to decide where we are going . Brace Lake or Meta Lake are the top 2 I would say for Lodges. Outpost camps might be hard to pick because most of them don't have comfortable cabins . I know our guys don't want to sit on a kitchen chair all week
Old 06-01-2021, 06:31 AM
Minnow

Default Meta lake

We are going to meta in a couple of weeks.we generally have a shore lunch at the channel outpost so I will try and get a key for it and scope it out.it is a brand new building and is close to Ara lake.it has a screened in porch and fish cleaning shack as well.if you are going to stay at the lodge those cabins have couches and chairs the beds all have new mattresses .i do not know what the bugs are like at the outpost
Hope that helps