Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Kipawa lake, Taggert Bay Camps?? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Wallhanger

Default Kipawa lake, Taggert Bay Camps??

Anyone fish here in the last 4-5 years, please tell me your opinion and or experience?

THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Charter Member

I have fished Lake Kipawa every year since 2000 and the last few years I have made two trips each year there. I have always stayed at 3 Seasons Camp, another outfitter about 10 miles from Taggart Bay Lodge. While I haven’t stayed at Taggart Bay Lodge, it’s where I park my vehicle. The launch ride from Taggart Bay Lodge to 3 Seasons Camp is about 35 minutes.

While I primarily target walleye on these trips I also fish for lake trout. I’d say the average walleye caught is 1 ½ to 2 pounds while the average lake trout caught is 3 pounds. The minimum length limit for lake trout is 20 inches (an 11 year old lake trout by the way). The minimum length limit for walleye is a ridiculous 12 inches but hardly anyone keeps walleye that small. Northern pike (up to 12 pounds) are usually caught whether you target that species or not. White fish and bass are also taken.

Taggart Bay Lodge is a well run outfitter with excellent equipment and cabins. A few cabins require climbing lots of stairs to and from the water. Consequently, be selective when making a reservation. The Taggart Bay Lodge web site can assist in picking a cabin location. American plan and house keeping plans are available at Taggart Bay Lodge. You can peruse through past fishing reports on Lake Kipawa at http://www.kipawa.net/