Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ever sell on ebay? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Keeper

Default Ever sell on ebay?

Purchased many things over the years from ebay, but never sold anything until the other day. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Between ebay and paypal fees (ebay owns paypal), they took 14.5% right off the top. My bad for not looking further into the fee schedule, but WOW!! $90 bucks gone before I get a penny.

Why does anybody still sell on that site??

rant over....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2018, 09:42 PM
Wallhanger

Default options??

How else can you market to millions of people?
Old 03-13-2018, 12:53 AM
Minnow

I hear ya there. It seems like the fees have increasingly gone up over the years. They seem to nickel and dime you to death charging for photos, secondary title etc.
I stopped selling on there and started relying on craigslist and Facebook groups. I find it usually sells for a little less but most of the time it saves me from having to ship and pay the fees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2018, 04:56 AM
Charter Member

How does this compare with the fee an auctioneer in your local area charges?
Old 03-13-2018, 05:36 AM
Wallhanger

I believe the fees increased with all the dealers that took over the site. They have SO MANY listing with pics and everything that it's no longer for the private individual just trying to sell a couple of items every so often.

Bob
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 03-13-2018, 06:24 AM
Wallhanger

When I first started selling on ebay, I felt the prices were ok. But now, they are getting out of control. But, where else can you get it out to such a large audience. I only sell now, rarely on ebay. I have found other sites work.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:31 AM
Wallhanger

Craigslist works good no fees, but have to put up with a lot of scam buyers. Not really that hard to sort those out. A legit buyer will call you by phone, select a meeting place and deal in cash. If stuff doesn’t sell sometimes I bite the bullet and use eBay, the exposure is far greater on eBay and stuff usually sells.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:51 AM
Keeper

It seems to me you can sell used clothes, shoes, boots, jackets etc. on Ebay a lot better then other sites. Also I ordered an item from China a couple months ago and never received it, Ebay Buyer Protection refunded me the money to my Paypal account.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:02 AM
Wallhanger

I'm getting ready to shut down my Ebay store because of the fees. I'm paying about 27% on average for the sale to Ebay, plus $20 per month just to have the store. Then Paypal fees on top of it.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKC View Post
It seems to me you can sell used clothes, shoes, boots, jackets etc. on Ebay a lot better then other sites. Also I ordered an item from China a couple months ago and never received it, Ebay Buyer Protection refunded me the money to my Paypal account.
My daughter ordered some boots off eBay coming from China it took about a month and a half to get them. Thus the old saying coming on a slow boat from China. She did buy them dirt cheap though.