Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Surge brakes on a nitro zv21 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 04-16-2021, 01:37 AM
Minnow

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2021, 08:35 AM
Wydeye

Default Surge brakes on a Nitro zv21

I had to use the pin when I backed up my Ranger initially also. Check to see if the reverse fuse is blown on the tow vehicle. I had the backup light wire on my New Ranger trailer blow the fuse on three different tow vehicles, the wire going to the reverse light on the trailer was shorted out under the fender. Fixed the short and reverse light engages the sensor and no more problems.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:18 PM
Keeper

I had the solenoid fail once and couldn’t put in reverse. Easy fix for dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-04-2021, 05:00 PM
Wallhanger

Nitro's come with the solenoid. My 15' ZV18 had it and had a flat 5 plug in. Most new trucks can detect if there is a trailer plugged in. My Silverado can have different trailer profiles that you create for each of your trailers. I just completely rewired the trailer for my G3 Angler. I connected my Silverado and ran a electrical connection test. It ran through all the lights and the reverse lights. When the reverse lights came on I could hear the solenoid click on. Anyway, if you don't have that type of function you can just have a buddy hold the brake and put it in reverse and listen for the solenoid.

If it doesn't work then maybe you have a blown fuse in your truck. If that's the case check for a bare spot on the wire going to that solenoid.