Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What's everyone working on? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Home Grown Tackle > HGT General Discussion

Old 01-23-2021, 02:32 PM
Charter Member

Since it has been almost a year from my last post on this thread - I am in the process of making 9 rods for grandkids et al. Three done, 6 to go. Making a few jigs and such, while waiting for the rod varnish to set up. Also, a small venture with my one grandson who is getting his masters in Mechanical Engineering at Iowa State- Over Christmas break, he brought over his own personal 3D printing machine, and he turned out a plastic crankbait in about 2-1/2 hours. It was formed by laying down very, very thin layers of liquid plastic, eventually created 2 sections into which we inserted a wire form, which we made to fit. Then glued the 2 parts together. I'll paint it and later try it out. The printing process at one time went by the name of Stereolithograpy, the phrase coined by one of the sellers of such equipment, some 25+/- years ago. Picture of the bait was a quick scan, so the quality is not super good.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_20210112.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	323696  

Last edited by Bill Krejca; 01-23-2021 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2021, 03:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
With all the recent free time, what's everyone working on in the paint and lure dungeons? Painted some bass baits today and also a bunch of chrome variations of Berkely's Disco scheme on WNC Reapers.
No painting for me not nearly that talented with an airbrush, but major reorganization and identification project got about 10 boxes set up like this. Made handy laminated chart because lots of baits no longer contain the name or model number.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tackle.png
Views:	35
Size:	332.3 KB
ID:	323698  
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 01-23-2021, 05:01 PM
Keeper

I removed all of the exterior teak from my boat. Have it sanded down and am just waiting for a warm spell to use the teak cleaner and cetol to coat it with.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk