Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Berkley Lithium Ion Filet Knife Issue :( - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Wallhanger

Default Berkley Lithium Ion Filet Knife Issue :(

A little over a year ago I spent the $100 for this knife through one of the mass retailers. The knife is practically brand new and probably has not been used more than 6 times for various reasons. Last week I charged the two batteries and headed to Canada for my annual trip only to find out that the knife no longer works. It appears that there may be a short in the trigger or the battery plug because it just won't keep running. If I keep pressing the trigger or wiggling the battery it may turn on but not stay on. Called Berkley today and becasue I bought it over twelve months ago it is out of warranty and there is nothing they can do or are willing to do. Disappointed! Further I can't even send it somewhere to get it repaired. I understand why there is a timeline on warranties but I still feel that I could have sent it to them for review and maybe received a $20 coupon to go out and buy another. Although based on the performance of this model I am having second thoughts.

Has anyone had an issue with this knife before? Any thoughts on a potential repair shop for this? Looking for some positive thoughts or suggestions on how to handle this further with Berkley. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Wallhanger

CSH Kucinski, If you bought it a Cabela's, they may help you, then again, maybe not. Their return policy is quickly changing. The fact that it may turn on by wiggling the trigger or battery, tells me you have a loose or corroded connection. I personally would take it apart and inspect it. Knives do get wet and some water may have infiltrated the housing and corroded some contacts. Use a Q-TIP and dip it in rubbing alcohol and clean all contact points, especially in the trigger section. Is your knife capable of running on 110V? Check it in that mode and possibly rule out a bad battery. Clean all battery connections. If you have a family member that is electronically talented, have them do it for you. I wouldn't give up on a $100. knife just yet. KB

Dogs....Do not ruin their sleep worrying about how to keep the objects they have, and to obtain the objects they have not.
There is nothing of value they have to bequeath except their love and their faith.
~ Eugene O'Neill ~
Old 06-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Wallhanger

In most of the rechargable battery devices like that, I would suspect the switch.