Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trailer brakes on ranger trailer - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 08-20-2019, 10:58 PM
Wallhanger

Default Trailer brakes on ranger trailer

I just put new brake pads on all four disc brakes. Problem I'm having is still no brakes. I bled the brakes got all the air out . Then I took one of the calipers off and pumped to see if caliper is working ,it was. It has two bleeders did both still nothing. I'm looking some help and what to try next frustrating .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2019, 08:12 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfool2 View Post
I just put new brake pads on all four disc brakes. Problem I'm having is still no brakes. I bled the brakes got all the air out . Then I took one of the calipers off and pumped to see if caliper is working ,it was. It has two bleeders did both still nothing. I'm looking some help and what to try next frustrating .
Brakes work when you manually put pressure via master cylinder, but once you hook up to tow vehicle the brakes won't work?

Could be the reverse/backup bypass solenoid could be faulty.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Wallhanger

This story is getting Frazier, took it to dealer 300.00 later said was working Not that sucked.I then took it to another dealer they said they fixed it. The only thing I can thing figure is the actuator is bad Previously put new on on of course still not working, total cost is 800.00+ one thing I did to show not working is put marker on rotor the pads never even touched the mark now what I'm lost seems like I can't trust anyone still open to ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2019, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

This could be the lock-out solenoid is getting powered all the time. Find an empty parking lock, un-plug the trailer lights, and try it. If they work, you need to figure out why the solenoid is getting power all the time, when it should only be when the backup lights are on.

Maybe a bad 7 to 5 adapter?

HRG
Old 09-14-2019, 09:26 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks hrg will try it tomorrow