Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
boat show - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2022, 09:57 AM
Keeper

Default boat show

New boats cost more than houses. It’s crazy. How many cup holders and fancy seats does a boat need?
My 30+ year old Ranger 680t still looks and fishes as well as it did when new. Most guys buy much more boat than they need or know how to use. Trying to “out-boat” the other guys, but it doesn’t necessarily translate to catching more or bigger fish. We’re in a “lookit me!!!” world these days. Insta-bros and social network anglers are dictating equipment tastes like it or not.
Or maybe I’m just a grouchy curmudgeon…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2022, 02:03 PM
Keeper

I've got a 1993 16 1/2' ProV with a Yamaha Pro60 tiller. I have ran the heck out of it but it's in excellent shape. I take care of my stuff and the only repair I have had to do was cleaning the trim switch on the back of the motor. Everything else is routine maintenance. For some years I thought about an 18' boat but between the cost and the fact that I don't feel like running in 4' waves anymore convinced me to keep it. I love the maneuverability and fast loading and unloading. I fish LotW alot and am happy sitting in a lawn chair with a cold one when the lake is raging. It will handle anything the east end of Lac Seul throws at it. And I paid $7900 for it.