Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Who Likes Popcorn? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2022, 07:37 AM
Charter Member

Default Snappy The BEST!

Snappy from Breda, Iowa is the best I have had! They also sell the theatre style machines for home us--I own 3 of themGreat company and do mail order!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2022, 07:57 AM
Minnow

Default Popcorn

Here's a tip to keep your powdered cheese from becoming rock hard. Keep it in the freezer.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:08 AM
Keeper

Snappy popcorn, white cheddar seasoning, orville's butter oil, made in a whirly pop. Nothing better.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:06 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh500special View Post
Generally I like popcorn dry without anything, but a little butter and a bit of Frank’s Red Hot powder goes a long way.

Steve
No that's interesting. I'm going to have to try that. Do you put butter on it or just season it?
Lowrance HDS 9’s (bow)
Minnesota 36v Ulterra
Old 01-25-2022, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakefish View Post
My dentist told me the number one cause of broken teeth is popcorn. Number two is...ice.
Exactly what my dentist said also!!

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 01-25-2022, 11:12 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
No that's interesting. I'm going to have to try that. Do you put butter on it or just season it?

Gotta add something to make it stick, and butter does the trick.

Cooking spray works too.

Steve
Old 01-26-2022, 04:17 PM
Wallhanger

I'm a hardcore Jolly Time White guy, I eat a ton of popcorn too.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:00 AM
Keeper

Great thread Pooch! I love popcorn. I prefer white but any type will do. My personal favorite, if you can find it, is Bob's Red Mill white popcorn. You will taste the difference. I also like the Orville brand when the other is not available. Another thing I do is get powdered cheddar cheese and sprinkle over it - totally different than just butter. Buy the good/gourmet cheese.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:17 AM
holliswuzamember

I guees I will never understand HOT spices,..anytime I have anything with those hot spices/sauces,..I only feel the hot,..and not the taste of the food,..but to those who like it , I guess that makes the world go round....

I usually mix a blend of organic butter and coconut oil,..ratio,..depends on how I feel,.

Years ago I read an analysis of what they put on movie popcorn,..the worse, cheap inflammatory oils and artificial chemical butter flavoring.

I stopped getting popcorn at movies after that.

We had a company that sold bagged popcorn at our health food store,.they added some seasoning, It was delicious but expensive,..they really didn't say what it was on the bag,..hopefully it wasn't anything bad seeing where it was sold.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:02 AM
Slot Fish

If you want to experiment and its actually really good try putting some peanut oil just enough to cover the bottom of a pot with lid. Put two kernels in the pan with heat on high and with lid on. Once the two kernels pop take lid off and fill bottom of pot with a layer of popcorn kernels replace lid and let it pop. Add salt when dumping out of pot into container. Really good way to make popcorn.