Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Huron Sat. Night Info. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 12-19-1999, 09:58 AM
So-Lucki

Default Huron Sat. Night Info.

We fished last night from 8:00pm-1:00am. Caught two decent fish. We look at the water around the River, but it was still pretty dirty so we went to Ruggles in front of Cranberry Creek. Water was much cleaner. Caught the two fish in 24'-26' of water. Marked a lot more bait in that area compared to last week, so I think our lures were competeing with the real thing. Also we had a Northeast wind that had a good 2' chopp with an occasional 3'. I fish in a 14' boat, so as soon as we marked fish and caught one trolling, we were blown off the spot in the light boat. I saw a couple of boats fishing off the nickel plate on the way out and was wondering how they did. Any info.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-1999, 02:45 PM
Slot Fish

Default Huron

Thanks for the ride last night John! just had to say how great it is to live in Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie. I fished Cleveland Suburban creeks for SteelHead in the morning and Walleye at night all in the same day in Dec! Who could ask for better.
Tight Lines in 2000
GetReel
Chris
Old 12-19-1999, 09:34 PM
Minnow

Default Huron Sat. night

Hi
My Brother and I went up sat. We got on the water at 5.00pm ,and was there untill about 10.30pm. We also had a small boat so we never really went to far. We mainly ran the channel edge and around nickel pier,and a little east of that.I caught one 8.8lbs the time was 7.00pm on the nose. and it was a haug.I was using a big blue and silver shad rap. It barely fit in the net.that was the only one we caught.I thought that i would of seen more people fishing but maybe it was the n.e. winds.That was the second biggest fish that I ever caught. I shook for at least 5 minutes. What a feeling. It also made me feel good when I let him go and he swam off . Oh yeh did anyone else see the sail boat com in out of the dark, I wasnt sure if I was seeing things or not but it came right up behind us and then into the channel.He never had any lights on or anything. We would of liked to stay longer but the wind picked up and our toes were frozen.
Fish Hard and Enjoy Tuck Junior