Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2013 Archery Turkey Hunt - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Small Game and Birds

Old 06-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Minnow

Default 2013 Archery Turkey Hunt

Check out my 2013 Archery Turkey Hunt in NE Iowa on public land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vpVbYRD2ew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboutdoors View Post
Check out my 2013 Archery Turkey Hunt in NE Iowa on public land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vpVbYRD2ew
Great video, I tried to film my hunt this year and it didn't go well. I wasted to much time trying not to get caught by two Jakes. By the time ole long beard came strutting in I didn't have any battery left. I did shoot a big ole Tom though. 23 pounds, 10 inch beard, inch and a quarter hooks. Let me know how you filmed this, I need some ideas as I hunt alone. Again, great video and congratulations.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Minnow

I was set up in a Double Bull blind with 2 Avian-X Hen decoys about 10 yards in front of the blind. I had the camera set up on a tripod in the blind. I had called with some soft yelps prior to turning on the camera, and I heard a few gobbles coming in my direction. When I could see the hens and jakes coming I turned on the camera in anticipation of a tom in the same group. It turns out there was a tom in the group and he surprised me by looping around me and coming from behind me in some CRP instead of out of the timber with the rest of the turkeys. It all just came together that morning. Nice bird you shot! Good luck with your future filming adventures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboutdoors View Post
I was set up in a Double Bull blind with 2 Avian-X Hen decoys about 10 yards in front of the blind. I had the camera set up on a tripod in the blind. I had called with some soft yelps prior to turning on the camera, and I heard a few gobbles coming in my direction. When I could see the hens and jakes coming I turned on the camera in anticipation of a tom in the same group. It turns out there was a tom in the group and he surprised me by looping around me and coming from behind me in some CRP instead of out of the timber with the rest of the turkeys. It all just came together that morning. Nice bird you shot! Good luck with your future filming adventures.
That's neat, I did almost the same thing. I turned on my camera when I heard them gobbling and moving my way but it was two Jakes. They came so close to me and would not leave that I couldn't turn the camera off. I was afraid I would get busted if I moved. I waited too long and my battery went dead. The old longbeard came in and I didn't have any battery left for the shot. I'll keep trying and upgrade my equipment. Great shot and good luck next year. PM me if you want to share some photos or lies LOL! I'm not on here much in the summer so it may be a late response...