Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Help with mille lacs - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 08-05-2019, 06:12 AM
Minnow

Default Help with mille lacs

Hi everyone I'm headed to mille lacs.with family this Thursday and I have some cousins, nefews, and other family that want.to.hop in the boat to try for some walleyes. We will be on the SE end of the lake and I'm looking for some starting points (I'm not.much of a walleye angler) I'm more of a musky guy... All the reports I have been reading are based on the N end of the lake, but can these gravel bars on the south end.of.the lake be equally productive?

Also wouldnt mind finding some big perch if anyone could point.me.in that direction as well.

Planning on bottom bouncers and slip bobbers as my primary methods.

Thanks for your time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2019, 02:41 PM
Keeper

We fish Lake Mille Lacs a number of times during the summer. For us, we usually fish the mud flats on the north side of the lake during the summer heat. Get your self some bottom bouncers in the 1 - 3 oz size and some long plan leaders - no spinners (8-10'). Double dark hooks for crawlers and single dark hook for jumbo leaches. I use #6 hooks when I make my leaders with clear mono or floro.

Some of the flats that usually produce well for us are - Boot Flat, Big Flat, Sequatchie Flat, 7 Mile Flat and 8 Mile Flat. I find the best luck starting on the upward wind side and drift/troll over the flats at a speed of .8 to 1.2 MPH. Have to vary speed and find what they are liking for the day.

Evenings use slip bobber rigs off the sides of the rocks on the south end. Rocky Reef is a reef we have fished many times in early evening and at night.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Humminbird Solix 12 on Dash and Solix 10 at Bow
MinnKota Ulterra Quest W/Mega SI/DI and I-Pilot Link

Last edited by rootdl; 08-06-2019 at 02:51 PM.