Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Truck Hitch Ball to Trailer Adjustments? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 11-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Keeper

Default Truck Hitch Ball to Trailer Adjustments?

Fellow Towers< I have a 16' enclosed double axle trailer and a car hauling trailer and have always had problems get them on the 2 5/16 " balls. They are fairly new trailers and do not have an adjustment nut like on my boat trailer, what do you do to make it easier to hook up? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Wallhanger

I have a trailer like that. I put a little grease on the ball. I have a plastic cover that goes over the ball when it's not hooked up. A bit of lubrication can help alot of things.

andersaki
Old 11-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Charter Member

Moldman,
Pick up an extra ball, and take it to your problem trailers along with penetrating fluid as well as a greae gun.

Spend some time on you back with the ball and the trailer hitch.

First use the penetrating fluid to make things more loose. Then, do some testing with respect to putting the ball in the hitch and then making the hitch tight. With the hitch locked down, use a light and feel to verify that the hitch is actually locked in place and that the hitch fully surrounds the ball as it is locked in place.

Then, use an ample amount of grease on the inside and outside of the hitch to insure that every part of the movalbe parts of the hitch do their job, and then provide a tight lock down on the ball.

When locked in place, there should be very little movement of the free ball with which you are doing your testing.

When, done, get up, dust yourself off, and go enjoy yourself after getting a job well done.

Take care