Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Prop selection for Crestliner TS 202 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 04-14-2004, 04:49 PM
JL1

Default Prop selection for Crestliner TS 202

I am wondering if anyone has any info on prop selection/rigging for a 2002 Crestliner TS 202. I bought the boat from Bruce Samson last year and run a 225 opti with a high 5 prop with a pitch of 23. I was pretty dissappointed with the top speed of 51 mph and decided to go to a 3 blade prop as I am told it should be faster. However, upon calling dealers and Crestliner, I am unable to get someone to give me a good pitch/blade combo for top speed. Thanks for any info in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2004, 07:26 AM
Suggestions

Default RE: Prop selection for Crestliner TS 202

I posted the same question yesterday. Didn't get a reply. I have a Yamaha 225 four stroke on the back of my new rig. Looking for suggestions on a s.s. prop. Come on guys help us out.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:26 AM
Minnow

Bruce's boats have not been known for a whole lot of speed. He is more about boat control than speed LOL If you want to get that boat to perform for speed the best prop that you can out it on it is the tempest 3 blade 19 pitch. You will run close to 5800 RPM's, but will gain about 3-5 mph
Top speed on that year 202 with a 225 optimax will be at the most 55mph!
The new 2004 boats with the 250 hp motors on them are running 58\60mph depending on the brand of engine and prop. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2004, 07:29 AM
Manny

If it spins a 23 High Five it sould spin a 21 Tempest. Manny
Old 04-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Slot Fish

I talked with PWT pro Rick Olson, at a boat show recently, he indicated that his choice is a Merc Revolution-4 21 pitch. Great combo of speed and handling.
ryno
Old 04-15-2004, 10:22 AM
trollerx

what kind of speed and rpm's are you getting now?????
Old 04-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Manny

I can believe that. I have a Mercury Offshore 4-blade 21 pitch that I ran on a Lund 1900 and it worked great. I've been meaning to try a Rev 4. Bernie Bergman from Mercury said it's a 4-blade that thinks its a Tempest. Great handling and top end. I just put that Offshore on my 225Opti today but someone forgot to tell the weatherman that it was going to rain today so I don't think I'll be testing anything today. I'm betting on a 23 pitch anyway. Good Luck on your boat. Manny
Old 04-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Slot Fish

I run the same rig (ts202 with 225 opti) and am still in the middle of testing. Best so far has been the tempest plus 21 pitch. Depending on load I will run between 5200-5400 rpm with speed from 54 to 56.5 with "tourney load". Best I ever got was 57.5, but that was with no bow-mount.

I have on my list to test the rev-4 21, and trophy 21. I will probably also send my 21 tempest off to a shop and have them tweak for some more rpm.

The tempest so farhas been a good cross so far for big water handling, holeshot, and top-end.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:37 PM
guide07

Get to the yamaha website and check out their performance bulletins. A lot of Crestliner rigs tested and they may have a close comparison for you to see.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...&lc=otb&rdir=1

Guide07
Old 04-19-2004, 09:44 AM
jl1

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I really appreciate it. The high five I origanally had took a nasty ride through the rocks at a tournament late last year and I never recoreded the max rmp's. After doing some homework on props and visiting mercury's prop selector program I ended up with an educated guess and bought a Tempest 23p. Unfortuantely, I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but hopefully this weekend. I will report back with rpm and mph.

Thanks!