Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trolling motor, bow or stern? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 05-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher-man View Post
Bow mount for sure. There is no comparison for boat control. Yes, in big water you may end up with the prop pushing air occasionally, but that is where you need the stern mounted kicker...using both in tandem gives ultimate speed and directional control. It's like having bow thrusters on a big ship!
Agreed. It does work, and it is possible to use both. People look at you funny, but it's a lot easier for the bow mount to steer if it's getting thrust from the stern. Prevents the wild side to side wander in heavier water.
I tpyically move upwind in this manner then use the stern motor only pulling in backtroll fashion to slip the wind going back downwind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Keeper

Thanks guys for your responses, this is kinda the direction I was thinking, just time update to somthing with autopiolt / co-pilot 24v with some power to move. Get my foot off that pedal more often

Tags
cranks and harnesses , trolling motor