Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New princecraft xpedition 170 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Minnow

Default New princecraft xpedition 170

Hello everyone, new to the forum here, although ive read many posts over the last few months. Just purchased a new princecraft xpedition 170 tiller with a merc 75 fourstroke. Had it narrowed down between this and a lund pro guide 1725, loved them both but went with the canadian made princecraft and some extra cash left in my pocket. Just wondering if anybody else out there has this boat, and how your experience with it has been so far, things you like, dont like, quality, ride etc. looking forward to any feedback and contributing to this forum in the future.
Thanks
G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Minnow

Don't own one myself, but Princecraft is a fantastic made boat. My Father owned 2 and he loved them. I'm sure your going to be happy as a school kid once you get that baby home . Welcome to the forums also.

Dale C
Old 02-05-2014, 05:10 AM
Wallhanger

Default Princecraft

Don't own one myself but a buddy is a Princecraft dealer here in Kingston and I must say I don't think they get the recognition they deserve.

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Wallhanger

I don't own that boat but had a Princecraft boat previously. That thing was built like a tank. I caught a bunch of fish in that boat and it never let me down.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Charter Member

Princecraft builds very nice boats. Solid, good looking boat that performs well and fishes well. I'm sure you will enjoy. Now for you guys looking for Tyee class boats, the Princeton Platinum series has raised the bar for luxury.............a heated drivers seat ??? and a pop-up privacy enclosure with optional chem toilet! I'll have to stick with my ice cream pail for now.

Good luck with your new rig.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Wallhanger

Default Is it me or Princecraft hulls not designed right

Front looks low in water, much rather be high in front.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Wallhanger

Very well built boats, you'll like it. Fished out of a Princecraft utility boat for years and it was great.

beeman, I'm not sure what you mean? One thing I have noticed about Princecraft is that the beam tends to start narrowing further from the bow than other boats. This gives them a bit of a "sharp" look to the bow area instead of the "blunter" look that other hulls have. I'm sure the actual measurement differences are subtle, but perhaps that's what you are seeing?
Old 02-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the feedback, cant wait to hit the water as soon as this godforsaken winter is over
Old 02-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Wallhanger

Enjoy it. I was contemplating getting the 20 footer last year. They didn't offer a dual console at the time which I really wanted.(they do now) I ended up getting a Lund.

Tags
boats , new boat