Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ego net - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 01-14-2021, 08:01 PM
Wallhanger

Default Ego net

Have a frabill with extendable handle but seems now that when it sits out in the sun the handle wont slide. You twist it to lock and has rubber netting which is great but thinking about the Ego net like the way the handle extends and again the rubber netting. Anybody have feedback plus and negative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2021, 08:08 PM
Keeper

I like the ego slider for walleye and lake trout. I would like it even more if Ego made an extra extra large for salmon.

Keep the graphite lengths lubed and make sure your net is screwed on and its a great net. Love the rubberized net. Seems easy to get hooks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2021, 07:04 PM
Wallhanger

I like my ego for most inland fishing. I took it out to Lake Erie. With the number and size of the fish. The coated net started to break. Make sure you collapse it in before lifting also. When you are using it for big fish. I picked up a ranger D shaped net for Lake Erie. Also have used the Ranger for salmon fishing. Ranger has a Stronger handle for big fish. Plus the net seems stronger then the coated ego. Can not comment on the rubber ego.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2021, 09:16 PM
Slot Fish

Had the EGO 2 - 48" to 109" for about three years; Thought it was great the first season; Second season started having trouble with the retract system as it started to get really stiff to operate till finally the spring system let go and the handle just slid freely in and out; That wasn't that bad as it basically still worked: Half way through the third season went to net a fish and the end of handle opened up and I watched the basket sink to the depths of Erie; The handle followed shortly after
Old 01-17-2021, 07:16 AM
Wallhanger

I am a HUGE fan of the RS nets, very well made and easy on the fish and getting hooks out. They also stand behind their products....i will never not have an RS net

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 01-17-2021, 09:49 AM
Keeper

Default ego net

not strudy enough for multible big fish 4-8 lbs have destroyed two.....my Beckman is 25 yrs old still strong and straight, replaced the net about 7 yrs ago
Old 01-18-2021, 10:51 AM
Minnow

The Ego nets are fairly popular here in Eastern Washington. However, like someone above said they don't hold up well. The sliding mechanism gets stiff and begins to fail fairly quickly. The basket gets loose and fails - falls out. Most guys will drill through the end and put a screw the handle to hold the basket on. The rubberized netting is the only way to go - much easier on the fish and A Lot easier to get hooks out.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:55 AM
Minnow

Ego nets are nice but I find them to be heavier than I prefer. I like the orange aluminum nets by bass pro that extend. They work great.
Yamaha 9.9 HP
Lowrance Ti2's