Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How do properly tow a tube - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

When our children were in their pre teen and teen years, we spent literally hundreds of hours at the lake pulling the kids on anything that would float.

They were pulled on tubes.
They were pulled on skies - both two skies and one ski.
They were pulled on wood saucers.
My son tried being pulled on a canoe paddle.
We were all pulled behind the boat on our 9 foot wood toboggan - 4 at a time.

For the years while the kids were teens, we would rent a cabin for a week up north.

I would go fishing in the early morning and again at sun down. During the day, I would pull the kids behind the boat. We would often have one or more of their friends coming with them for the summer vacation.

Such happy memories.

Be safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2020, 08:31 PM
Wallhanger

Tubing isn't just for memories with kids. We hosted visitors from Austria that served with my father in law while deployed in Bosnia. They never even heard of tubing before. Gave them a lifelong memory and a taste of #merica, which was the highlight of their trip and they still talk about and post about it to this day. Look at those smiles! Hours on the engine: 2. Memories made: Internationally priceless!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ed-jenitubing.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	320062  
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM
Keeper

Default Tubing

I am not into tubing really at all. One of my co-workers from another state was visiting a lake pretty close to my house and wanted to know if I wanted to meet up on the water as the house had a dock. So I brought this tube I had only used once before. We loaded up a small boy and his dad and took them out on a few runs. They had a blast. I heard the little boy tell his dad at the dock that this was way better than disneyland and that this was the most fun he has ever had. Granted, I don't have any kids that I know of ; but that was a really cool memory in my book and I think I left a big impression on the time he and his dad went tubing. I never was fond of people pulling tubers around, but now I get it.
Old Today, 03:52 AM
Wallhanger

Next week I will be spending a week of a Family Fishing vacation with my grand-kids from VA. The fishing part is more for them then for the adults and tubing is always in the plans. Great time on the water.

I have already heard from my oldest granddaughter that I promised ICE CREAM everyday while we are there and that has become a tradition while there. With 5 kids and adults I'm sure that will put a bigger dent in my wallet then the tubing wear n tear on my boat.

Purchasing a boat and trying to save on the "Big Motor" is like buying a new car and then taking the bus to work to save on putting mile on it........ C R A Z Y .....IMHO
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old Today, 03:08 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Puller View Post
You sound like a bundle of fun. I pull my kids all the time and can't see how maybe, and I mean maybe 6-10 hours a year is going to have any significant effect of the durability of the engine. I was pulling my daughter and her friends on Tuesday night. We were on the water for 3 hours and I bet we didn't put 45 minutes on the motor.

And besides, If it gets my kids out on the water enjoying he boat I couldn't care less how they do it.
6-10 hours a year? my kids would want to go 6 hours a day, every weekend, all summer. Add those hours up. a few hours a year would be nothing. Plus, I wan't to fish when I'm on the water. When they make the boat payment they can tube all day. Until then, I'll use it for fishing 99% of the time. I have pulled them a little bit with it and that's all it will be, a little bit.