Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Marine Band radio in tournaments 2020 and beyond - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 06-04-2020, 09:51 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbin View Post
You know, I never thought much about VHF antenna placement and such until seeing the picture that my Ranger regional rep sent me this morning of my nearly completed 620FS Cup in rigging...

For some reason I thought the antenna would be mounted on the port side of the boat, but I reckon it doesn't really matter so long as there's no interference with other electronics installed in the console. Am I correct in assuming that's not generally an issue?

And can anyone tell me whether this antenna will be quick-detach or will just fold down for covering and storage? If it's the latter, will it be possible to relatively easily replace it with quick-detach later if I decide it's a bit of a nuisance as is? Ranger's website says it's a "Lowrance Link - 9 VHF radio / use w/ GPS chartplotter," no other information provided. (I was too dumb to ask about it when ordering; I'm afraid I'm still pretty ignorant with respect to a lot of things having to do with my new boat. I'm learning as fast as I can, though!) I get that the added safety of having it is worth it possibly being a bit of nuisance, in any event.

Gerry
That would be a good question for your selling dealer although if yours is anything like mine was it won't get you far. Sad, but few if any dealer sales people know much detail or are willing to actually "sell" you into or out of an option.

I'm guessing you had to ask the rep direct for the picture because the dealer has gone dark?

P.S. I like the hull color. I went Mica mist with mine.
Solix 12 G1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2020, 11:34 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
I'm guessing you had to ask the rep direct for the picture because the dealer has gone dark?
Yeah, I'm buying the boat through the Cheektowaga, NY Cabela's Boat Center, which closed for a while due to the health crisis. (It's open again now). Tried a number of times and in a number of ways to talk with someone in Flippin, AR to get an update on my boat's progress but they all just brushed me off. Raised holy h*ll - not because of the multiple, long delays in getting my boat done, as I certainly understand the extraordinary circumstances everyone is facing just now, but because of their unwillingness to communicate with me about it - and got hooked up with the regional rep, a nice fellow who as it happens lives only an hour from me. He was extremely apologetic about the way I'd been treated and has done his best to make up for it, sending me frequent updates, getting them to take pics for me...

Thanks for the compliment! I put some real thought into the color scheme I came up with (attached pic shows a side view; the waterline is Golden Fawn and the bottom is White), and it looks to me as if it paid off. Mica Mist was on my short list for colors, too.

Gerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boat in production 8.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	455.4 KB
ID:	319258  

Last edited by gbin; 06-04-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Tags
band , marine , radio , tournaments , vhf