Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Hackers and other stuff - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Charter Member

Default Hackers and other stuff

Well, it looks like it was a busy week last week.

I was elk hunting without any phone or email for the last week and when I got into phone range I had LOTS of messages about the website being hacked and I want to thank everyone for hanging in there.

I especially want to thank Juls for contacting my server guru and giving him the heads up so he could monitor and fix and guard the server.

The problem seems to be the Members Photo script. There is a hole in there somewhere that they found and exploited so I have to get that plugged (basically update to the newer version and then personalize it to the WC motif). All the images were deleted but we do a daily backup so we will have full recovery.

The news feeds are also goofed up right now and we are working on getting those back online.

I'm not sure what else is messed up yet, so if you notice anything missing or goofy, please let me know.

Give me a few days to recover, see what is messed up, get it fixed and we'll be back on track again.

For your peace of mind, NO credit card information was compromised!
We have full lockdown on that script 24/7 and it's protected by the best security available and has never been broken into.

Just so you don't freak out ;-)

Bear with me, I've been gone for a week and a lot of work needs to be done.

And, I didn't get my elk yet either.
I did call one in but just couldn't make it work.
Archery is a little different, If I had a gun.... I'd be done by now ;-)

Scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Hackers and other stuff

Sorry for the Elk!! Bow hunting is THE challenge, but, the most satisfying!!!!!

We have trust in you............not worried!!!!!!!!!!

RANGER

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"! - Edmund Burke

"KEEP YOUR LINES WET, YOUR POWDER DRY and THE BEER COLD"!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:33 AM
Juls_OH

Default RE: Hackers and other stuff

>And, I didn't get my elk yet either.
>I did call one in but just couldn't make it work.
>Archery is a little different, If I had a gun.... I'd be done
>by now ;-)
>
>Scott

Better luck next time Cowboy! Still, a whole week roughing it in the mountains, playing Indian, sounds pretty dreamy! ;)

Rick has turned me on to Dove hunting now. The dogs and I are having a blast! :rock-on:

Who knew? My old dog Jack is an excellent "bird dog"...I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. I've never seen him happier.

The little girl, Jill, has a nose on her that is second to none! She can find them in the thickest of tall weeds. I'm so proud...hehehe

Gotta run, the birds are calling!

Juls