Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird help PLEASE - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-29-2015, 08:49 PM
Minnow

Default Humminbird help PLEASE

So far Humminbird customer service is about as useless as t#ts on a bull..................

Anyway I bought a new boat and put a 688 kvd gps/sonar unit on the helm. The unit came with a navionics + chip, which turns out is garbage compared to the Lakemaster chips I saved from my old unit. I also purchased a Helix 5 sonar/gps for the front to pair up with my terrova and based on several emails with Humminbird about compatibility concerns I was told by customer service said that the version 2 & 3 cards would work. These Lakemaster chips I have are the big ones (SD card) and not the micro card, guess what.....they don't fit. The Navionics+ card has the micro deal, but the Helix unit doesn't seem to recognize it.

Anybody else have these issues? Or am I just going to have to replace the 3 chips that I bought a little over two years ago for $130 each? Gotta love planned obsolescence ?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Keeper

Navionics + cards are mostly no maps ... You download only the lakes you want on the card ...

Helix cannot pair (meaning Ethernet) to any other device including Terrova ...anything below 798HD is a standalone unit ...

I'm pretty sure LakeMaster v2 cards are SD Card .. While v3 cards (and +) are micro SD Card (with SD Card adapter) ...

I'm not sure why your Helix is not recognizing the Navionics + card ... Maybe you actually have to download a map to the + card before the unit will even recognize that it is a map card ...

Rickie

Last edited by rnvinc; 06-30-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Wallhanger

I have problems w an ice 688 in that it wont read navionics platinum only the premium cards. First thing u should do is register the unit and download the latest software, they may have fixed that issue by now I know I have seen some updates on my larger units that specify this.

as said do you have maps loaded on you nav+ card now? I assume you do. as for the old large SD cards no they wont work, call navionics they may let you pay the upgrade fee and send u microSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliek View Post

Anyway I bought a new boat and put a 688 kvd gps/sonar unit on the helm. The unit came with a navionics + chip, which turns out is garbage compared to the Lakemaster chips I saved from my old unit. I also purchased a Helix 5 sonar/gps for the front to pair up with my terrova and based on several emails with Humminbird about compatibility concerns I was told by customer service said that the version 2 & 3 cards would work. These Lakemaster chips I have are the big ones (SD card) and not the micro card, guess what.....they don't fit. The Navionics+ card has the micro deal, but the Helix unit doesn't seem to recognize it.

Anybody else have these issues? Or am I just going to have to replace the 3 chips that I bought a little over two years ago for $130 each? Gotta love planned obsolescence ?!?!
The Navionics + map card that comes with a NAV package unit will only work in a NAV unit this is why it is not working in your Helix 5.

Yes, the Helix 5 will work with the Lakemaster cards that are on the Micro card.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Minnow

Thankfully, after several emails with Humminbird, a resolve has been created. Thankful for their consideration.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:56 AM
Wallhanger

With all the choices there are out there we need to do the research. If you don't this is what happens. Call somebody who does before buying or do the reading. Bob
Old 07-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Minnow

Hats off to Humminbird. After all was said and done they did show concern for my issue, and resolved the matter to satisfaction. Thank You!