Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
lund impact???s - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Keeper

Default lund impact???s

hi i am looking at possibly buying a lund impact 1775 next year. i have no dealer near me to look at one so i thought i would ask u guys a few questions. how does the boat ride in a 3 foot chop? how is the roomy is the layout of the boat? storage? speed wise how would the 115 4 stroke compare to a 125 2 stroke? what are the going prices of one of these? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Minnow

I have the 1775 Sport with a 115 hp 4 stroke Merc. I've had it up to 41 mph with 2 people in boat w/gear and full tank of gas. Not sure what the 125 stroke would push it to. This boat has more storage that I can use. I had it in 2 foot swells this past Sept. at Waubay, SD and it performed great. I'm very happy with the boat.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Keeper

I can answer that. Impact sport 1775 w 125 opti. Stock 19p aluminum prop. Top speed with full tournament load, full gas, two guys etc. Is about 44 mph.

Storage is huge. I have to restrain myself from throwing stuff in the boat just because it will fit. It's like a house, if you have the space, you will fill it!

I've had it on lake superior quite a bit in different chop and rollers of all sizes. Anything up to about two foot chop you can run wide open and it smooths right out. After that you've got to slow down and read the waves. I've taken water over the bow in 3.5 foot close chop. I probably would not be out in much more than that. I've been in 4-5 foot waves, but I'd be heading in as you can't fish safely or effectively in that.

Hope that helps! They're great boats!
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munshaw View Post
I can answer that. Impact sport 1775 w 125 opti. Stock 19p aluminum prop. Top speed with full tournament load, full gas, two guys etc. Is about 44 mph.

Storage is huge. I have to restrain myself from throwing stuff in the boat just because it will fit. It's like a house, if you have the space, you will fill it!

I've had it on lake superior quite a bit in different chop and rollers of all sizes. Anything up to about two foot chop you can run wide open and it smooths right out. After that you've got to slow down and read the waves. I've taken water over the bow in 3.5 foot close chop. I probably would not be out in much more than that. I've been in 4-5 foot waves, but I'd be heading in as you can't fish safely or effectively in that.

Hope that helps! They're great boats!

X2
Got the opti with 9.9 on ours....44-45mph with tourny load and 2-3 guys. Glad we went with opti vs 4 stroke the "hole shot" power and everything is just awesome on this rig.

Plenty of room in boat for extra gear.

I would def get the terrova I pilot....I pilot you will probably like the best on the boat get atleast a 80lb that what we got some days wish we had a 101 but guess thats why we got a kicker hangin on the back
Old 10-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Keeper

whats one of these with a 125 opti going for?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Keeper

Keep an eye on the classifieds, there has been a few used on there already. I picked up a used 1775 Sport with 125 Opti, HDS7, 70LB Terrova, jump seats, Bimini top, full enclosure, and bow cover for a little over 24k. I got the full warranty too.

As was said earlier, top speed with stock setup is right around 44 mph.

Last edited by RistoRap; 10-20-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Keeper

There was someone on the site touting 49 mph with a 115 4 stroke, but I think that's a bit high. I got mine with the rear flip deck, top, bow bait well, air ride and pro ride seats for about 23k brand new. Already had the trolling motor and graph. That was galvanized trailer and matching spare as well.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Keeper

I have the 1775 with a 115 opti and I am very happy. Was going to go with the 125 opti but I went to the Merc web site and looked at the test page. The 115 was a lot more fuel efficient and had similar performance.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Keeper

what can you troll down to with the 125 opti? slow enuogh to pull cranks?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Keeper

Yeah, cranks are fine, but spinners are too fast. 2 mph or so.