Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Primos Double Bull 360 Blind - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Keeper

Default Primos Double Bull 360 Blind

Saved up and ordered this blind this year. Thought it would be the perfect answer for setting up quickly and doing an afternoon bowhunt. 5 afternoons in the blind and have yet to see a single deer...so now I am questioning EVERYTHING. Spots have deer, bait getting hit, tracks everywhere before blind went up. Same OCD scent-free routine for myself and my clothing. Only new variable is blind. Blind has very plastic-ey smell to it. I can smell it sitting inside. I'm sure the deer can smell it too.

Any thoughts, suggestions, experiences?

Thanks in advance...

GWN517
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 01:17 AM
Wallhanger

Default Primos Double Bull 360 Blind

Deer sometimes need to become accustomed to the blind. Are you leaving it out? I’d ground blind hunting for deer I would set it up and leave it for a solid week before hunting from it. I always set a trail cam on the blind to see what activity is around and more often than not it took them a few days to get used to the blind. Leaving it up will also help with the smell.

Turkeys on the other hand will walk right up to it, even in an open field.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2019, 05:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWarrior View Post
Deer sometimes need to become accustomed to the blind.

Turkeys on the other hand will walk right up to it, even in an open field.

Good luck.

Exactly ^^^^^^^ I always need to brush my blind in quite well when hunting deer. I hunt public and don't leave it up so it needs brushed in ever time I set it up. If I hunt an evening, I may leave it over night if I'm going to hunt the next AM.

If you have the luxury of leaving it up, then yes deer will get accustomed to an unbrushed blind, but it will take a few days.

As far as the "plastic" smell, I don't see that as a deterrent to the deer. Nothing to base that on, just my gut feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Keeper

Thanks for the input guys. I am hunting on public land and am brushing it in and leaving it up for the 3 day window I have to hunt. I am not leaving it while I am away for work as I am afraid of theft. I need to brush it in better and leave it longer, in which case my original plan for hunting on the fly was my mistake.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Wallhanger

Do you have the ability to hunt from a tree? If so, it is a much better way to get in quick hunts.

Carry an XOP stand and sticks and never leave anything in the woods.

Old 11-17-2019, 05:22 PM
Wallhanger

When you take your blind down, throw as many leaves,
pine needles, and grass as you can squeeze in and still get it back in it's bag. I also add a couple handfuls of dirt for good measure.
A little moist is the best. Your "new tent" smell will be gone forever.
I actually store mine in the off season like this, and "precondition" them like this before the first use.