Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird Running on a Continuous Loop - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 05-02-2016, 08:07 AM
Wallhanger

Default Humminbird Running on a Continuous Loop

I have a new to me 1159. Had it running a few other times just fine. Yesterday, turned it on and it started running in a loop. First the Humminbird logo shows, then about 5 seconds later the start menu, then about 2 seconds later the shutting down screen and then about 2 seconds later the screen still says shutting down but it gets all snowy/grainy and then starts the loop over and over and over again.

During the loop, I can press menu during the menu screen and if I'm quick enough, I can sometimes get it to the gps screen, but then the loop continues on. I have to pull the power cord for it to turn off - no buttons work except sometimes for the menu button when the menu screen appears.

Troubleshooting - I've checked all connections and fuses. The 859 at the bow runs off the same battery and runs fine. I put the 1159 at the 859 bow connection and the loop continues. I also tried running the newest software update. I briefly get the yellow update rectangle and if I'm quick enough, can press the two prompt buttons, but the loop continues on.

Please help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Wallhanger

Try this:

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/S...FAQ/RebootNVR/
Old 05-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks Jason. Here's the problem - it keeps revolving/looping from the logo, to start menu, to the shutting down screen to the fuzzy shutting down screen - just like a marquee sign.

When the menu screen appears on the loop, sometimes it dings and I can really quickly press a button or two and get to a screen, but no matter what I press, the next screen on the loop appears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Wallhanger

Call customer service, 800-633-1468.