Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Leech Lake -28F Fishing Last Weekend - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 02-19-2021, 04:00 PM
Minnow

Default Leech Lake -28F Fishing Last Weekend

Rented a house last weekend on leech lake when it was -28F two nights in a row. Caught N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

I was amazed to find the rental houses were on 6 FOW and 12 FOW. Is it customary for fish houses to be set this shallow in mid February on leech lake?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2021, 07:45 PM
Wallhanger

What area of the lake were you fishing? Leech Lake has an average depth of 18’, walker bay has some deep water but most of the lake is somewhat shallow.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:07 PM
Wallhanger

The wife and I spent last week at Big Rock Resort week fishing out of our portable. We caught zero walleyes but enough pike, perch, rock bass and tullibee to keep us amused. I think the shallowest we fished was 15' right on top of Big Rock Reef. It was a struggle for sure, some (me) might even say it was a beat down but we made the best of it. I've only been to Leech three times now but 6-12' seems like a spot targeting perch, possibly spawning burbot if the bottom was rocky/gravel. What outfit did you rent from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2021, 01:28 PM
Minnow

Fished out of Zippel Bay on LOW last weekend. Caught enough on Saturday in 31.5 FOW to make us all dinner. Most were 13-14" walleye and Sauger. Caught 2 small Sauger on Sunday and left by 2:00. We'd still be there if we hadn't brought a generator and a spare battery.