Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Prop recommendations for Ranger 681vs with 135 opti - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 03-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Minnow

Question Prop recommendations for Ranger 681vs with 135 opti

I bought a Ranger 681vs late last fall that was a bit of a basket case. The lower unit was trashed. I have replaced it and had a merc mechanic go through the engine. All is well there. After spending the winter re-rigging this boat, I am getting anxious for ice out. I need to purchase a new prop and would love some guidance from anybody else with this same setup of 681vs and 135 optimax. I will likely start with an aluminum prop in an effort to stop or at least slow the bleeding from my wallet. Top end speed isn't that crucial to me as we primarily fish the Iowa Great Lakes, and they just aren't that big. I'm thinking it's gonna be in the 17-19" pitch. I would appreciate any feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boji Slime View Post
I bought a Ranger 681vs late last fall that was a bit of a basket case. The lower unit was trashed. I have replaced it and had a merc mechanic go through the engine. All is well there. After spending the winter re-rigging this boat, I am getting anxious for ice out. I need to purchase a new prop and would love some guidance from anybody else with this same setup of 681vs and 135 optimax. I will likely start with an aluminum prop in an effort to stop or at least slow the bleeding from my wallet. Top end speed isn't that crucial to me as we primarily fish the Iowa Great Lakes, and they just aren't that big. I'm thinking it's gonna be in the 17-19" pitch. I would appreciate any feedback.
I would start with a 14.5 x 19 quicksilver or mercury aluminum prop.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:57 AM
john23unlogged

I just repowered my 681vs with a 135HO etec. I've heard that guys liked the 21-23p merc tempest and trophy props on the 681vs/135opti combo. I'm thinking of using that as a starting point since I doubt there are many/any 681vs/135etec combos out there. Any additional thoughts or comments?

Tags
135 optimax , musky , prop , ranger 681vs , wot