Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
1988 Lund Baron 2100V - Fuse Block / Layout - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Minnow

Default 1988 Lund Baron 2100V - Fuse Block / Layout

Hello All,

Recently purchased an 88 lund baron 2100V(4.3/205hp/OMC), so far absolutely love this boat. Have been going through maintenance items and ran into an issue that I haven't been able to solve with google ;-)

I'm looking for a pic/photo/diagram of the fuse layout(placement/size) in both the side panel and the main dash. I can't read any of the desctriptions/lettering on the panels.

I do have the OMC wiring diagram which gets me partway there, but frankly I would have to pull the panel's off and ID the wire colors to figure out which fuse is which.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike in Minnesota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Charter Member

Mike,
I think that the easiest thing to do, is to cycle all of your accessories, lights etc. and make sure that everything works.

Then, just turn on one accessory and pull fuses until that unit quits. Mark that fuse and move on.
Continue the search until you have identified all of the accessories.

Or, you could turn everything on - and pull a fuse - then note what shuts off and then mark the fuse.

Take care
Old 08-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Mike,
I think that the easiest thing to do, is to cycle all of your accessories, lights etc. and make sure that everything works.

Then, just turn on one accessory and pull fuses until that unit quits. Mark that fuse and move on.
Continue the search until you have identified all of the accessories.

Or, you could turn everything on - and pull a fuse - then note what shuts off and then mark the fuse.

Take care
Yes, that will be the plan should no doco/pics be available. I think that will get me mostly there. Where I'm going to run into issues I think is where the starter circuit is involved, there appear to be three fuses. They certainly could be anywhere on the boat, which will make pinpointing and sizing very interesting.

Thanks again

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2015, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Generally speaking, if there are fuses in a motor starting circuit they are all generally located in or on the motor and not on the boat or part of the boat's wiring.

Sorry, I just reread your original post. I see that you have an I/O configuration. Yes, in that case, the fuses could be located elsewhere in the boat.

Take care

Tags
4.3 , electrical , fuse , lund