Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Big Rock Resort - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 12-29-2020, 01:50 PM
Wallhanger

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. We're going the end of July, who knows maybe next winter when I'm retired!

Crestliner Sportfish 1750
Johnzuki 115
GMC Sierra
Fish in the box!
Beer on ice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2020, 02:46 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Spanish View Post
Yes, all fish were caught within a 1/2 mile of the resort. We went over to the rocks (Big Rock Reef?) out from Horseshoe Bay and got skunked yesterday morning. There must be thirty wheelhouses over there now. Skunked again this morning about a mile or so southeast. Ray said there were some good rocks he fishes over that way in summer but he wasn't sure it was any good in winter. It was only about 10' deep so it may be better really early or late in the day. We're headed back out now and plan to stay close again.
You might consider going north to Stoney and little Stoney point, there are big rocks that stick out of the water at Stoney point, that's a good area as well as around the corner to little Stoney.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:27 PM
Wallhanger

Picked up one 18" walleye for the freezer in 15fow about 90 min after dark tonight on a pink and white Lindy Rattling Flyer. Snowing sideways and 15mph wind the whole time. Still coming down and windier now. Once this blows over looks like nicer weather the rest of the week.Dawn's been hole hopping right along with me and we've only set up the Clam once. I'll ask Ray about the ice conditions up by Stony. This part of the lake and the protected bays seem to be the only areas with ice this thick. I don't think we saw anyone north of Horseshoe but I can't say for sure.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:05 AM
Wallhanger

Heading back up for another week on Sun. Sounds like it's going to be really cold and then get windy later in the week. It'll be fun anyway. I'll give a few updates while we're there.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:29 PM
Wallhanger

It does look like it will be a bit chilly! Enjoy!
Old 02-05-2021, 12:40 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Stay safe.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Mag View Post
It does look like it will be a bit chilly! Enjoy!
a bit chilly lol, yea like -30 up there on sunday
Old 02-10-2021, 06:50 AM
Wallhanger

Well, the good news is we haven't frozen to death yet. The bite has been tough. Too cold to bother with tip ups and our 2 man Clam is only big enough for two jigging holes. I thought we were in store for some great fishing when on my first drop in 22FOW I scored a 30" pike. Not long after I caught a small perch and another pike at 23". So far, we've only caught one tulibee, two pike, and three perch. Yesterday we were almost skunked except for a tiny perch. Marking a lot of fish but they're just not cooperating. Maybe today it will start to pick up. Wind died down and the weather is cold but stable. -19 now and up to -1 this afternoon. We must be nuts.